PAP Spousal Application Time frame...re Immigration Canada

brown_girl103

Oct 9, 2009
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else got a time frame of 11-19 months from their MP. When I questioned the 11 month minimum time frame I was not really given any tangible response to explain the 2 month difference between online and what she was telling me.

Anyone experience this or understand why I would be told this?

Also, has anyone experienced their MP stating that they can only do 2 status checks within an 11 month period?

Thanks.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
it looks like they're giving you the timeline for 50% of cases to 80% of cases - the timeline on the website says 11- 18 for those categories...

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
don't worry about those timelines ... I know that doesn't help cuz I did/do too, but seriously try not too. As far as twice in 11 months - this is not accurate. They should check for you every couple months. Sounds bad, but when you call, be a little a$$ kissy ... I'm so sorry for bothering you again, I know you are busy, but can you please check out file along with the others you are checking this week. We would appreciate it so much. blah blah blah. The offices are usually checking files weekly, different cases, so they can easily add yours, but you don't want to ask too much, because the information only changes every couple months.

Hope this helped.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
the mp's office will tell you whatever they want to tell you.

helpful mp's will hold your hand right through the process...call you with updates without asking etc.

there are others that will tell you that they can't do anything and you just have to wait the full 18 months before they inquire on your behalf.

sounds like what they are telling you is their particular offices policy and not CIC regulations.

you could order your CAIPS notes again....it will contain the same info the mp's office will get for you anyways.

you could also try calling a mp from another riding (ex. your parents or another family members)....you might get a more helpful person!

hope you get some news soon!!!

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Tis very true. My MP wasn't very helpful ... went to another and she has been wonderful. Very kind.

brown_girl103

Oct 9, 2009
Thanks for the input everyone.

I am just going to wait for my CAIPS notes. I ordered them a month ago and they should be on their way.

I contacted my MP's office because that is what the other immigration administrative assistant (or whatever her title is) had told me to do after the holidays. This was a different lady I spoke with today. I will just go to another MP if I need help. The lady I talked to told me she gets the info from the CAIPS notes... so, I don't really need their help at this point. This woman also repeated to me that I need to pay the landing fee... which I was told already and had paid as soon as I found out they were waiting for.... and I guess we will have to re-do the medicals according to her, even without her looking at our file? I think I will definitely not be listening to what she is telling me.

I will post on here as soon as I get my CAIPS.

Thanks for the help.

brown_girl103

Oct 9, 2009
I just contacted another MP in my area today. He told me that my case could take 32-46 months. He told me not to believe the timelines posted online and that we "need to take the conservatives out of office." I am hoping this was just his political propaganda to get me to vote for him, versus the truth.

When I intervened and stated that this is probably for people who have appeals and what not... he replied, "no, this is just the way the system is." Quite depressing to hear when you haven't seen your spouse in over a year. Needless to say, this made me request a week off in March to go to see my husband.

I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown today because of this.... Has anyone been told anything like this before?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
maybe try a 3rd....

what a joke....so sad when we know more than them and they are the government!

don't let it get you down....