Habla Espanol? Uno momento por favor!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
oldhippy said:
This advertisement/poster is in Spanish only, but has important info.

Can you tell me the name of this company and where exactly you meet this bus in Bavaro?

...or if you have the time...just the top part translated... line by line.

que es la parada???

Muchas Gracias!

http://www.bocachicabeach.net/images/misc/bus_santo_domingo_punta_cana.jpg

Sin parada is non-stop (some stop signs say "pare")

This express bus leaves from Bavaro at 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. and leaves from Santo Domingo at 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. (I guess they have 2 buses or one REALLY fast bus)

Address in SD: Calle (Street) Juan Sanchez Ramirez #31, near Maximo Gomez (which I think is a main street there).

From Bavaro at the stop (parada) for Sitrabapu (whatever that is - I think that is the guy on the Simpsons with the 7-11 store) next to the Fruisa (maybe a store name?)

A local in Bavaro will be able to tell you where Fruisa is located.

Systran and AltaVista BabelFish (powered by the Systran translation engine) leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bus Stop

Oldhippy, do not worry. The parada, in simple terms, is the bus stop. The Friusa, is a hotel / restaurant equipment supplier. The locals gave the name Friusa to the crossroads bordered on each side by the Friusa and a Texaco station and it is located about 2 km from the Plaza Bavaro / Fiesta Resorts area. Everybody knows where it is. The bus stop is about 300 ft from the crossroads. The buses run direct from there to Santo Domingo at 7:00 am and 4:00 pm daily, cost is about 120-130 Pesos, if the fare has not changed since April. The coaches are white with blue lettering, they will say Santo Domingo / Bavaro. Get to the bus stop about 15-20 min before scheduled departure. You buy your ticket at the bus and they will assign a seat. You can check baggage for storage in the baggage compartment and there is room for a small carry-on under-seat or overhead rack. The trip time is about 4-4.5 hrs to the Capital.

Sitrabapu is the sindicate name for the bus operator, I hazard that it is [Si]ndico [Tra]nsito [Ba]varo [Pu]nta Cana. I welcome a correction if necessary. Regards, PJT

Last edited:
Friusa

Friusa is located on the south east corner of the main hoghway in Punta Cana and the road that leads to Cortecito (Plaza Bavaro & Fiesta Resorts), Texaco station is directly across the road. Go to the link and look at the second row of pictures and click on the one on the right side to expand. Almost directly in the center is a blue half moon that is the Bus terminal. Save the picture and enhance with some picture viewer software.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/12506/index.html

220.jpg

Last edited:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
just one terminal

Old Hippy, just go to the one and only bus terminal in Bavaro and get on the bus. Schedule, as posted before, is correct.

oldhippy

Jul 22, 2002
Muchas Gracias Amigos!

Thank you all for your feedback.

Hlwud your link was helpful, but carta/map punta cana would not load????
[second row- far right]

oldhippy

Jul 22, 2002
Thanks for the heads up!

Once I knew it was possible to open I realized it was AOl's problem, and opened it thru MS.

On AOL it only showed up as a X for that space.