Woman who killed her supervisor in a Chinese-owned Av. Duarte store will be extradited from Spain

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Francelys-Furcal-El-Caribe-1024x614.png

A Spanish court decided allegations that her life was in danger if she was deported were not valid for Francelys Maria Furcal. Furcal migrated to Spain via Brazil, after she involuntarily murdered a Chinese national. She stabbed her superior, a Chinese man, in a Chinese-owned shop in uptown section of Avenida Duarte in Santo Domingo.

After the murder, she disappeared, leaving the way to ample speculation as to where she was and if she was alive or dead.

The Spanish court cleared the way for her extradition so she can stand trial in the DR for the homicide.

Furcal has admitted she killed the man. In April 2022, a store surveillance video showed her having an argument with her Chinese superior and how she took a knife from a shelf and stabbed the mancausing him a wound that end his life.

“I have three small children who depend on me. At work, I received a lot of abuse...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
This has been one of the most confusing cases I've seen in my time here.

I am really curious to know who funded her escape and why.

Reactions: JD Jones

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
This has been one of the most confusing cases I've seen in my time here.

I am really curious to know who funded her escape and why.
Maybe like donations. Nowadays many types of Dominicans from different backgrounds have a lot of money. It was a high profile case and the video of her at the store went viral.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
well, I am not sure what the equivalent charge here would be. However, a manslaughter type charge would probably work. Stabbing an abusive boss is not acceptable.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've heard of a lot of Dominicans going to Colombia and on to Brazil where thy obtain fake ID"s and passports that, apparently, are good enough to fool immigration on arriving in Spain. I'm surprised they found her.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
well, I am not sure what the equivalent charge here would be. However, a manslaughter type charge would probably work. Stabbing an abusive boss is not acceptable.
I'm guessing it will be self defense since he hit her first.

Reactions: CristoRey

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
This is no self defense. She could have taken him to the labor office and gotten money out of him or reported him to the Fiscalia. She could also have recorded him and exposed him to the press and social media. Also, why keep working there with such horrible boss. It's not that she couldn't have walked out.

Reactions: Lucifer and Big

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I'm guessing it will be self defense since he hit her first.
Having actual experience in this I can tell you that if the Chinese guy just hit her with no weapon she will NOT get off on self defense. No chance, maybe a lighter sentence, but she WILL be convicted. And there are NO juries here, just Judges.............

Reactions: aarhus and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
This is no self defense. She could have taken him to the labor office and gotten money out of him or reported him to the Fiscalia. She could also have recorded him and exposed him to the press and social media. Also, why keep working there with such horrible boss. It's not that she couldn't have walked out.
there are countless better ways to handle a azzhead boss. Stabbing him is not one of them. Unless she is being strangled there is no justification.

Reactions: Aguaita29

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
there are countless better ways to handle a azzhead boss. Stabbing him is not one of them. Unless she is being strangled there is no justification.
Having spent a few years living in a barrio down here I can tell you there are many people in this country who are in need of psychological counseling who do not think like we do and who do not have rational problem solving abilities or social skills.

I can not imagine what it must be like for a girl to have to grow up in one of these environmemts surrounded by violent preditors and drug addicted *ssholes who behave like wild animals..

I'm not trying to justify her response however I certainly have an understanding of how different these types of folks are from the rest of us. Personally I believe a lot them suffer from post tramatic stress like disorders. These barrios are no joke. Had this Chinese fella known what I know, I don't think he would have been so quick to put his hands (or feet) on her.

Reactions: Big

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
I guess the Chinese guy never sold these caps
at his store, because he definitely found out 🤷‍♂️

GSH1055-A01_198x.jpg