E-ticket exit data

allobert

Jan 4, 2011
I have a question concerning the e-ticket. I understand you can do the entry and exit at the same time. However, if for example you have to shorten the trip or want to extend it, can you do the modification on the existing exit ticket, or how does it work?

kanson

Apr 8, 2006
I have a question concerning the e-ticket. I understand you can do the entry and exit at the same time. However, if for example you have to shorten the trip or want to extend it, can you do the modification on the existing exit ticket, or how does it work?
Upon starting the process, you're given a code which you can use for any later modification.

Reactions: cavok and CristoRey

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

If your plans change and you don't use the e-ticket you can just get another one. I don't think they do anything with the data unless you physically enter or leave the country.

Reactions: cavok and SKY

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
If your plans change and you don't use the e-ticket you can just get another one. I don't think they do anything with the data unless you physically enter or leave the country.
I am beginning to think it was introduced because of international pressure. At checkin in Miami at AA they had the QR code for different Central American and lat am countries.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I am beginning to think it was introduced because of international pressure. At checkin in Miami at AA they had the QR code for different Central American and lat am countries.
Probably and also because they probably also wanted to have some way of keeping track of people and having someone scanning all those paper forms to be registered on some form of database would not have been convenient. Now they don't need to do anything, it's automatically stored in a database somewhere...

Reactions: drstock and cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Probably and also because they probably also wanted to have some way of keeping track of people and having someone scanning all those paper forms to be registered on some form of database would not have been convenient. Now they don't need to do anything, it's automatically stored in a database somewhere...
I think that's the main reason. Everyone is going "paperless". Much easier, faster, and cost effective to let a computer do all the work.

MNsoota

Sep 26, 2020
MN
With this RD customs form - is this still required to be filled out within 72 hours of travel? Someone mentioned this is no longer has a 3-day timeline. If this is the case - great!! Appreicate your help.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
With this RD customs form - is this still required to be filled out within 72 hours of travel? Someone mentioned this is no longer has a 3-day timeline. If this is the case - great!! Appreicate your help.
No more 72 hours. Not sure the cutoff, but I know under 3 months works all the rime. May be even more time now...............Also if you fill it out and you get the code it is valid. If it is too early it will not issue the QR Code so try later on in time.......

Reactions: cavok

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
i came back several times between a few days and sometimes even weeks after the registered return date on my e ticket and never made any changes prior to my arrival. Sometimes they did not care at all and sometimes they argued a little bid but really nothing to worry about it. If you have time to edit your return date; do it. Otherwise just forget about it, nothing will happen.

Reactions: Fulano2

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I know for a fact that people have been denied boarding because they didn't have a correctly dated e-ticket. So although Migracion might let you get through, the airline might not. Always better to travel with the correct documents.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I know for a fact that people have been denied boarding because they didn't have a correctly dated e-ticket. So although Migracion might let you get through, the airline might not. Always better to travel with the correct documents.
the airline has absolutely nothing to do wth the eticket ! I fly at least 20 times a year and NEVER a airline even asked for my eticket. Question was about returning with an expired eticket. What they gonna do with you ? send you back ? LOL I was more often hold up with a corect eticket because "they could not found it vin the sistem" than i was delayed because of a expired one. F... them !

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
the airline has absolutely nothing to do wth the eticket ! I fly at least 20 times a year and NEVER a airline even asked for my eticket. Question was about returning with an expired eticket. What they gonna do with you ? send you back ? LOL
add on: if somebody wants to track or record every single movement of me, do not expect me to help you with this.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
the airline has absolutely nothing to do wth the eticket ! I fly at least 20 times a year and NEVER a airline even asked for my eticket. Question was about returning with an expired eticket. What they gonna do with you ? send you back ? LOL I was more often hold up with a corect eticket because "they could not found it vin the sistem" than i was delayed because of a expired one. F... them !

Which airline are you flying on?

Arajet, TUI, Air Caraibes, British Airways, and American Airlines are all airlines that I know check that you have a valid e-ticket QR code and will not let you board without one. Some others, such as Iberia don't seem to check. Just because the airline that you fly on doesn't check, doesn't mean that all other airlines don't check, and as I said I know for a fact that people have missed flights because they have been denied boarding due to not having a valid e-ticket. And yes they do check that the date of entry on the QR ticket and the flight details which are printed on it match their flight.

Airlines use a service called Timatic to check entry requirements to the destination. The people who work on check-in counters handle flights to a lot of different countries, and if Timatic says that you need to have a QR code and e-ticket to enter (as it does for DR), many airlines will insist on this.

Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Arajet, TUI, Air Caraibes, British Airways, and American Airlines are all airlines that I know check that you have a valid e-ticket QR code and will not let you board without one. Some others, such as Iberia don't seem to check. Just because the airline that you fly on doesn't check, doesn't mean that all other airlines don't check, and as I said I know for a fact that people have missed flights because they have been denied boarding due to not having a valid e-ticket. And yes they do check that the date of entry on the QR ticket and the flight details which are printed on it match their flight.

Airlines use a service called Timatic to check entry requirements to the destination. The people who work on check-in counters handle flights to a lot of different countries, and if Timatic says that you need to have a QR code and e-ticket to enter (as it does for DR), many airlines will insist on this.
I am in and out of SDQ twice a month, at least. They will not even let you in line to see the ticketing agent until you show the QR on your phone.

Reactions: MariaRubia

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I am in and out of SDQ twice a month, at least. They will not even let you in line to see the ticketing agent until you show the QR on your phone.
what airport you guys are talking about ? I go with jetblue, arajet and american from sdq at least twice a month and NEVER EVER been bothered by airline staff about eticket.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
what airport you guys are talking about ? I go with jetblue, arajet and american from sdq at least twice a month and NEVER EVER been bothered by airline staff about eticket.
SDQ, Santo Domingo, American Airlines. Even when I use "before boarding", they ask for it. I am sure if you use "before boarding" service if you do not have it they will do it for you.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Somebody told me you have to have the QR code etc. printed out because they don't accept the one on the phone any more. Is that true?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

They ask for the QR but don’t read it, is my experiencia. just show them the foto of the code, that’s it.