Financial Times says DR economy is the best in Latin America

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Michael-Stott-Hoy.jpg
Michael Stott / Hoy

Financial Times’ Latin American editor Michael Stott published an article calling President Luis Abinader the star performer in Latin America – “The Simple Idea behind Latam’s star economy”.

Read more:Financial Times Interview with Michael Stott on Latin America Noticias SIN Hoy

19 March 2024

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Man, I never thought I'd see the day when I would read that headline. Right AE?

Reactions: AlterEgo

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
So much for editorials,

Argentina with 211.4% inflation still has better infrastructure and development.

The DR with the "best" Latin America economy has very poor electricity supply, very poor or no water supply in many areas.
The DR has also the best Latin pot holes on their roads with minimum or non existent road maintenance.
Education very poor, literacy very poor, health care also poor.

But DR economy showing growth in economic stats ?

Those stats have to be taken with a grain of salt.
Otherwise we may move to Guyana.
I'd rather take Germany with -0.3 % growth you in 2023

Reactions: Lucifer and Fulano2

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Thread is about economic progress in the DR, not in other countries.

Please stay on topic!

Financial Times says DR economy is the best in Latin America​

The Article Dolores posted clearly refers to DR in comparison to all of Latin America.
All of Latin America refers to other countries.

That's how comparisons of GDP are arrived at.
It would be somewhat difficult to access where your performance is at, just gazing at your bellybutton.

If Dolores does not want discussion on DR compared to Latin America then why bother to post this article at all.
It would have to be deleted by moderators because:
La Profe_1:
"Thread is about economic progress in the DR, not in other countries."
Maybe we have to go back to school to comprehend the comparative focus of an article.

Dolores have a discussion with your Moderators on deleting posts which clearly refer to this subject!

Otherwise just stick to the price of rice and beans where to buy a fridge or newspaper.
Maybe this is the intellectual level which is exclusively desired on dr1 in dumbing down content.

Reactions: Lucifer

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
By the way I reported LA Prof and complained to Dolores, about less than intelligent application of rules
in regard to DR GDP and latin American countries.
Also in regard to deletion of post.

I think dr1 can be more than this.
I have to laugh. How long would this guy last if Robert were still around?..............And he just joined in 2022............