Convicted former legislator’s big businesses leave no trace locally; speculation they continue to operate under other names

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Miguel-Gutierrez-Listin-Diario-1024x605.jpeg

The earth seems to have swallowed former Santiago deputy Miguel Gutierrez’s footprints, reports Listin Diario. The newspaper says that in just two years there is no sign of Miguel Gutierrez in Santiago. The man who presented himself as a real estate magnate and who reportedly had built more 5,000 apartments in the country’s second-largest city has erased his traces.

Gutierrez successfully campaigned for the Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) and won the Santiago seat in 2020 as a deputy for the party. He recently was sentenced to 16 years in jail for his leadership role in a major drug trafficking ring.

Listin Diario reports that Gutierrez had openly operated the construction companies Gutiérrez Díaz SRL, Inmobiliaria La Hacienda, Migudi Inversiones SRL and BD Hipotecas y Pagares, SRL. The offices of these are no longer open.

According to a source from Listín Diario...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Maybe he had to give them all up as part of his repatriations? He was arrested, deported, tried, and convicted with the help of the DR govt.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
This loser will be in prison into his 70s. When he gets out, he will be playing dominions and eating at food trucks.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Don’t count on it. He may connect with other Dominicans in prison and run the drug trade on the outside.
He is going to U.S federal prison. The only communication he will be doing is with Bubba his new cellmate.

Aug 21, 2007
He is going to U.S federal prison. The only communication he will be doing is with Bubba his new cellmate.

…..And other Dominican drug lords sentenced to Federal prison. I have a 85 year old cousin in the system who has been there for 45 years. I visit him regularly and he tells me about the social climate. The White supremists are the most dangerous prisoners, according to him. The American Indians are a bit crazy with their sweat tents. The Dominicans all run drug gangs on the outside. The most respected and powerful are the mafia gang pins. Also a famous US double agent spy was very respected. Wish I could think of his name. You would recognize it.

Anyway, unless you have been inside a maximum security federal prison and communicated regularly with a prisoner (and is that where this man is going?) you will never understand the culture. It is an entire world unto itself- even the economic system amongst the prisoners.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
…..And other Dominican drug lords sentenced to Federal prison. I have a 85 year old cousin in the system who has been there for 45 years. I visit him regularly and he tells me about the social climate. The White supremists are the most dangerous prisoners, according to him. The American Indians are a bit crazy with their sweat tents. The Dominicans all run drug gangs on the outside. The most respected and powerful are the mafia gang pins. Also a famous US double agent spy was very respected. Wish I could think of his name. You would recognize it.

Anyway, unless you have been inside a maximum security federal prison and communicated regularly with a prisoner (and is that where this man is going?) you will never understand the culture. It is an entire world unto itself- even the economic system amongst the prisoners.
I can not emphasize enough how uninterested I am in the prison culture. I have a variety of friends from all walks. None are criminals. I do not to associate with robbers, molesters and thief's. I am boring like that. The closest I come to violence is the cock fights.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I have zero sympathy for a drug trafficker. Especially one who uses his political connections to cover his tracks. Preying on addicts is the lowest of the low.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You must be so proud of him.
Family is family, not all , even children raised in a family where strong values are taught follow the same path. A man of intelligence can still take what he thinks is the easy path to getting rich. Avarice is common in the highly intelligent as well. This Dominican's wealth can be found by a dedicated investigation.