Sawmill

McEnroe

Sep 28, 2009
My land in in Haiti and have been growing West Indian cedar for 5 years at 10,000 a year. I will need a sawmill. I will be in the DR this summer and would love to see how the DR operates or if a sawmill has closed would the saw be available for purchase.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
My land in in Haiti and have been growing West Indian cedar for 5 years at 10,000 a year. I will need a sawmill. I will be in the DR this summer and would love to see how the DR operates or if a sawmill has closed would the saw be available for purchase.
Let us know if any of your trees are still there when you go there.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Supposedly, all the sawmills were closed a long time ago by president Joaquín Balaguer as an attempt to halt deforestation, Most of the wood now on sale in the DR is imported, mostly from Central America. With that said, every now and again a news comes out of some truck carrying timber illegally cut in the DR (usually mohagany.)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Supposedly, all the sawmills were closed a long time ago by president Joaquín Balaguer as an attempt to halt deforestation, Most of the wood now on sale in the DR is imported, mostly from Central America. With that said, every now and again a news comes out of some truck carrying timber illegally cut in the DR (usually mohagany.)
several small sawmills in plain sight in Jarabacoa. There is pine grown in plantations here in the DR that is legal for harvest. Whenever almost any kind of tree is removed for construction, it is cut into sawmill lengths and hauled away to be cut.