Police are trying out Tazers

Big

Apr 24, 2019
almost all street cops in the U.S carry one. I prefer yesteryear when the local constabulary carried an old trusty Billy club. Nothing sends a stronger stern warning to a lawbreaker than a knot on the head and a few sutures.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Sorry to think this but I believe they will be misused and possible overused.
I have to agree on this. A while ago it was announced that quite a few thousand people arrived to be trained as new police officers, so I just hope that among those, and among these people who get these tasers, are also decent people with brains where they are supposed to have brains... What concerns me is that I doubt many officials have much of patience and as it would be much less worrying to use a taser than a gun (last resort), I wonder what the end result is...

It was also posted recently that while teachers in DR public schools were demanding a huge raise, their skillset or motivation does not warrant this. So instead of money or new fun devices to work with, education would be more important. Why am I referring to the teachers? Because I saw that huge investments were done there as well with little results... So it's not the money/devices (that can be bought with money) in either field, it's the brain that needs to be worked on...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
When the husband comes home after a hard night of drinking, the wife might get tazed a few times..... just to make she she is telling the truth about her other husbands...........
Or the other way around, with whom was the husband going out as it was not his wife? In this situation, I would make sure the wife is the one with the taser, not the husband...

Big

Apr 24, 2019
well, a firearm can be abused as well. These tools have a data port that can be downloaded, and show that it was deployed, how often and for how long. It is a non-lethal option that every lawman should have. It saves a lot of lives and injuries. The police do not have to wrestle and fight a mental patient or a violent person resisting arrest.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
well, a firearm can be abused as well. These tools have a data port that can be downloaded, and show that it was deployed, how often and for how long. It is a non-lethal option that every lawman should have. It saves a lot of lives and injuries. The police do not have to wrestle and fight a mental patient or a violent person resisting arrest.
They’ll have that option turned off. The technical capacity of the PN ends with the use of sending pics/vids via WhatsApp and TeeToe

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes it was Anastacio. The thread doesn't exist anymore on DR1 though....

Yes it was Anastacio 😊. I don’t know what happened to the original thread, I only found this:

Reactions: keepcoming

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Some people need to see to believe, in this case feel… lol

Looking at the taser: “Hmm, does it really work or was I swindled?” :unsure:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Tasers or Stun guns ?

Tasers require replacement cartridges and can only be fired once and then cartridge needs to be replaced.
The electrical shock can be activated multiple times.

Stun guns can be used over and over again.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wasn't it Frank?
Frank Genao. Frank12 on DR1. He now takes apart shopping malls in the US with his Russian wife, Red and I think there is now a kid in tow.
It appears there were two such DR1 posters. I get the feeling Frank12 might have made up his self-tasing, He is quite the story teller.