About to Apply for Visitor Visa.....Does who I know have any influence over Approval

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Mine is up to date. We have a friend that just got one last Thursday. That's pretty up to date. If you keep up with it you will find its easy, plus my daughter is an attorney that does immigration. She says it much easier right now. But that may change after the election in USA.

Now a permanent resident visa is a totally different animal. My wife just got hers after two years. Visitor visas are not hard to get.

I'd like to give it a shot. I want to schedule my VAC and Embassy appointment on the saue day. Any idea how much time it takes for the VAC processing so I can schedule an Embassy appointment and have enough time to get there?

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I'd like to give it a shot. I want to schedule my VAC and Embassy appointment on the saue day. Any idea how much time it takes for the VAC processing so I can schedule an Embassy appointment and have enough time to get there?

Take VAC 07.00 takes about 30 minutes. Take Embassy at 09.00 then you on the safe side

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
They tell you what days to come. I just do what they say
Thats NOT my experience! You can chose ( if available) time for VAC and time for Embassy. I done it several time for me my wife and my children.
Nobody tells you anything!!!!

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
Thats NOT my experience! You can chose ( if available) time for VAC and time for Embassy. I done it several time for me my wife and my children.
Nobody tells you anything!!!!

wow they told my family exactly what days to come on. Maybe it just depends on something we don't know about. I have done this several times also. or maybe how busy they are. I don't know. we wanted to do it all in one day for one family member but we had to go to Santo Domingo twice in one week. So in our case they DID tell us.

Last edited:

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
wow they told my family exactly what days to come on. Maybe it just depends on something we don't know about. I have done this several times also. or maybe how busy they are. I don't know. we wanted to do it all in one day for one family member but we had to go to Santo Domingo twice in one week. So in our case they DID tell us.

Its maybe depend on which visa you are applying for. I done it last week for my three kids for the B1/B2 picked the times online and done everything
for all three same day between 0700 and left at 10.00 the embassy.

texan

Apr 1, 2014

We have done it three times for tourist visas. We always pick the same day to do both. It is a little confusion when you pick but you can take the same day. I am pretty sure if makes you pick a minimum two hours between.

It will put a day and time but you can change that to the same day and two hours before. After I saw I picked a different day one time I was able to change to the same day. I can see where someone would think they couldn't change that.

This is for a tourist visa. We had everyone coming from Puerto Plata so we were not going to go to the Embassy twice. If you live in Santo Domingo that would not be as big of a deal.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
We have done it three times for tourist visas. We always pick the same day to do both. It is a little confusion when you pick but you can take the same day. I am pretty sure if makes you pick a minimum two hours between.

It will put a day and time but you can change that to the same day and two hours before. After I saw I picked a different day one time I was able to change to the same day. I can see where someone would think they couldn't change that.

This is for a tourist visa. We had everyone coming from Puerto Plata so we were not going to go to the Embassy twice. If you live in Santo Domingo that would not be as big of a deal.

Would you say that's pretty normal to get into the VAC at your appointed time and out in less than an hour or so? Is 3 hours betwen appointments enough? I'm coming from Cabarete and don't want to make two trips and don't want to miss the Embassy appointment and have to come back.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Would you say that's pretty normal to get into the VAC at your appointed time and out in less than an hour or so? Is 3 hours betwen appointments enough? I'm coming from Cabarete and don't want to make two trips and don't want to miss the Embassy appointment and have to come back.

I think two hours is enough but you could schedule for 3 if you want. From what I recall it lets you schedule 2 hours minimum and I think they know that is enough time between the two meetings.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

First I came to the page where you select the VAC appointment time - which I did. It wouldn't let me continue until I did. The when I got to the Embassy appointment page, there were no appointments available on the day I selected for VAC. It wouldn't let me go back and change the VAC time/date. Any suggestions?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If approved for your tourist visa, how long after the interview does it take to process and deliver your passport with the visa?