Adavan or Lorazapan Availabilty

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
My wife occasionally suffers from anxiety. If she should be stricken with an an anxiety attack while in LT are either Adavan or Lorazapan available over the counter at a pharmacy?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My wife occasionally suffers from anxiety. If she should be stricken with an an anxiety attack while in LT are either Adavan or Lorazapan available over the counter at a pharmacy?
Pretty sure benzodiazepines are illegal here but I remember pharmacies in Sosua back in 2013 used to sell zanex and valium to anyone with a few pesos in their pocket so maybe I am wrong?

Reactions: Rumble2005

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

The medication is readily available here under a variety of brand names. Unfortunately it requires a prescription. Best to bring it from home or you'll have to tour the pharmacies to see if any of them will facilitate a prescription for you.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I've asked farmacias for Valium but they require a doctor's prescription. Not sure why. It was over the counter in Thailand and I used it for the long flight back to Los Angeles

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Probably easier just to bring it with you when you visit.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
In the past, one could purchase the 'pams OTC, but only a month at a time and you had to show your passport. They've cracked down somewhat, and last time I got diazepam, it was with a prescription. But prescriptions are easy to get. You go to the doctor and say you're anxious and you've been prescribed this medicine in the past. Not a big deal.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Benzos are still available in some Sosua farmacias without a prescription but I won't name them,I bought some yesterday.