Aquamarine

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Any information you can share about the resort would be greatly appreciated. Do they have adults only? How is the food, the beach, the rooms? Asking because I am always looking for a new place to visit.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Any information you can share about the resort would be greatly appreciated. Do they have adults only? How is the food, the beach, the rooms? Asking because I am always looking for a new place to visit.
The Bahia Principe's Ambar property is adults only and right on the beach. Aquamarine is behind the Ambar property. Ambar's rooms were renovated a few years ago and are absolutely huge. Food and alcohol are very good, with good quality alcohol. It's one all inclusive I don't mind going back to.

Reactions: keepcoming

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Aquamarine doesn't appeal to me.... but that's not important.
The Bahia franchise is a good one from all I hear

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What do you do for ten days at a resort, I have a hard rime handling more than two days?

Well Bob, you live in DR. Both my home in DR and NJ are very close to beaches, so I agree. But contrast us with someone from Canada, the Midwest, any of the mountains or inner cities, or someone working 50-60 hours a week. 10 days relaxing on a beautiful warm sunny beach without responsibilities, stress, cooking, etc. must be heavenly.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well Bob, you live in DR. Both my home in DR and NJ are very close to beaches, so I agree. But contrast us with someone from Canada, the Midwest, any of the mountains or inner cities, or someone working 50-60 hours a week. 10 days relaxing on a beautiful warm sunny beach without responsibilities, stress, cooking, etc. must be heavenly.
Guess we have a different idea of relaxing. I would be out hiking, snorkling, caving, white water rafting, visiting waterfalls, museums, ...etc. Laying in the sun is not for me, nor my wife either. Remember I am from Canada and even when I lived there I had no desire to spend a week in a resort. I find cruises even worse, velvet prisons.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Bahia seems to be a very big resort complex, offering something for everyone based on what I found online. Many people travel from Europe, etc.. where the flight is rather long so many choose for longer stays. There are also a variety of excursions offered so those who wish can partake in activities away from the resort. I enjoy relaxing (I am not a lay in the sun person either), catching up on reading, people watching, etc...