BHD & Credit Cards for Women

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A few days ago BHD revealed 3 new credit cards for women.

JVeTXeI.jpg

JVeTreS.jpg

Apparently, the new cards for women have “special bonuses.”

This isn’t the first time they create a credit card for women, but now they are offering 3 times. The Listín Diario recently ran 3 ads for each type of credit card.

JVeueTP.jpg

JVeuNyB.jpg

JVeuwvV.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if the other banks will be developing credit cards for women too? :unsure:

Now, I think the first requirement to get one is that you have to be a women. That brings another question: a woman woman or it also applies to women that was born as men? Before anyone says the DR isn’t there yet, remember Mia.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I love it ! The nailed it ! It might not be politicaly correct but the rewards policy shows it all; Gas, Online Shopping, Forwarders and Beauty Salons.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
interesting. I also noticed that all the pictures are of attractive woman. Thank you nails, for this most important content.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Let's face it..... One of the biggest Bank in the Country advertises a new Credit Card for Females using Pictures of Women surrounded by Hair Dryers, Perfume Bottles and Shopping Bag's and no public uproar or calls for boycott etc by anybody. WE DEFINETLY LIVE IN THE BEST COUNTRY ON EARTH !!!

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
A few days ago BHD revealed 3 new credit cards for women.

JVeTXeI.jpg

JVeTreS.jpg

Apparently, the new cards for women have “special bonuses.”

This isn’t the first time they create a credit card for women, but now they are offering 3 times. The Listín Diario recently ran 3 ads for each type of credit card.

JVeueTP.jpg

JVeuNyB.jpg

JVeuwvV.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if the other banks will be developing credit cards for women too? :unsure:

Now, I think the first requirement to get one is that you have to be a women. That brings another question: a woman woman or it also applies to women that was born as men? Before anyone says the DR isn’t there yet, remember Mia.

For now, Only BHD but they've been doing this for decades. Remember a time that Banco Ademi also made some ads targeting women, but not in the power scale as a big bank like BHD does.

Beyond the basic imaging, actually the bank has a strong relationship with business women and even sponsor annual events nationwide supporting women entrepreneurs. Just like the MLB division of the bank does to dominican athletes (BHD is also the sponsor of all MLB things in the DR).

@Manuel01 because DR is a very conservative country (even we're progressive in the outside). And most dominicans don't care about that "agenda".

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
ADEMI is different. That bank was founded by a woman (I think the only Dominican bank founded by one) and has always been focused on promoting and helping women businesses.

What ADEMI isn’t is as big as BHD. The second one is worth well over a billion dollars, not so ADEMI.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This reminds me of NYC 50 years ago. Chemical Bank had a campaign: “The New York woman…when her needs are financial, her reaction is Chemical”. It was my first bank card, MasterCard I think. I opened it solely because of the commercial. I’ll bet that many young Dominican women will respond to these ads too.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
ADEMI is different. That bank was founded by a woman (I think the only Dominican bank founded by one) and has always been focused on promoting and helping women businesses.

What ADEMI isn’t is as big as BHD. The second one is worth well over a billion dollars, not so ADEMI.
Ademi is not a Bank, it is a joke. They have a Branch closed by so i decided to open a checking account. After filling out the forms they ask me to go home and send them pictures of my apartement and of my business. Do i need to mention that was my first and last visit to ADEMI. If you don't believe me; that makes two of us.

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro