Bitcoin Exchange Question

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All,

Since my topic is BTC, this is probably a good sub-forum!
When you move BTC, buy and sell, at an BTC exchange you are always incurring some probability of risk.
This is because you don't own the coin you buy and you do NOT have your private key to access the coin you buy. The private key belongs to the company and remains in their hot wallet.

Maximum security requires a cold wallet onto which you should download coin ASAP after you have processed your key inside of a hardware device from a company such as Trevor.

That being said, some exchanges are more reputable and/or more secure than others. For example, in the U.S., three that are generally top-ranked are Coinbase, Gemini, and Kraken.

My question pertains to my Dominican friends, not to me. Are you aware of BTC exchanges in the D.R. that are generally known to be reputable? And when I say "in the D.R." I mean a company whose domain name is part of the URL.

The only one I have found is bitcoinrd.do

Any others?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
You don't need to be from a certain country to use " their" exchanges. I would check which top exchanges accept DR documents for KYC.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
A quick search reveals Kraken supports DR, for one top reputable exchange.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
You don't need to be from a certain country to use " their" exchanges. I would check which top exchanges accept DR documents for KYC.
Here's the rub: I am using Gemini which required uploading my U.S. passport. I seriously doubt that Gemini would accept my friend's CEDULA but that an exchange located IN the D.R. will, by definition, accept a CEDULA for identification.