Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I had my appointment today at immigration for 9:30. I got there at 9ish, waited in line outside for about 20 minutes and then went in. Everybody had a copy of their appointment, but I had a picture of it on my phone. No problem. I sat down and my number came up in less than 5 minutes. Window 13 took my receipt from my medical but nothing else. 45 minutes later I was called to take my picture and got my 4 years residency 30 minutes later. At 11 I Ubered to the new Junta. Walked in and back out in 20 minutes. The new location has many employees and very well organized. Back at my condo before noon. Record time!

The only issue I had which stressed me out was that I did my medical back in September but the hospital never entered my results into the system and lost them. It took me months to get an answer from them and Immigration. I had to redo my medical a few weeks ago. Hospital Luperon messed up big time.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I had my appointment today at immigration for 9:30. I got there at 9ish, waited in line outside for about 20 minutes and then went in. Everybody had a copy of their appointment, but I had a picture of it on my phone. No problem. I sat down and my number came up in less than 5 minutes. Window 13 took my receipt from my medical but nothing else. 45 minutes later I was called to take my picture and got my 4 years residency 30 minutes later. At 11 I Ubered to the new Junta. Walked in and back out in 20 minutes. The new location has many employees and very well organized. Back at my condo before noon. Record time!

The only issue I had which stressed me out was that I did my medical back in September but the hospital never entered my results into the system and lost them. It took me months to get an answer from them and Immigration. I had to redo my medical a few weeks ago. Hospital Luperon messed up big time.
This sounds like a permanent residency renewal(?). I've never heard of a temporary resident being given 4 years.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
This sounds like a permanent residency renewal(?). I've never heard of a temporary resident being given 4 years.
Yes. It's my 4 year permanent residency. I just noticed the title of the thread now. Procedure is the pretty much the same I believe.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Yes. It's my 4 year permanent residency. I just noticed the title of the thread now. Procedure is the pretty much the same I believe.
Yes, the procedure is the same except temporary renewals don't require a medical. Maybe a mod can move this to the appropriate thread(?).