HELIDOSA

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Be aware the company is going through a restructuring. The sold most of their helicopters including some which were "aeroambulancias." This should be worrisome considering Helidosa was the only company offering that service. That's when something happens and you are too far by land to one of the top hospitals of the country, so Helidosa was the company to contact for their air transport from the scene of the medical emergency or accident to one of the top hospitals in SD or STI. In some cases, the amount of time it shortens could be the difference between life or death.

Right now Helidosa has two helicopters, that's it.

The Dominican government should consider having its own company that offers this service, at least to guarantee the DR would always a decent amount of this. Most of the tourists stay in places that are very far by land of the top hospitals.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
So I guess it will be peaceful by the pool. They did tourist flybys 15 to 20 times a day in normal times.
I always thought of that old canadian song "if I had a rocket launcher".
Just another poorly run company that has to close down due to mismanagement

Reactions: PCMike and Peterj

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
So I guess it will be peaceful by the pool. They did tourist flybys 15 to 20 times a day in normal times.
With "normal times" I guess you mean before 2020?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I wonder if Helidosa will continue to receive all of the money the receive from insurance companies for air ambulance services?

For many of them, they add it on as a benefit along with casa de conductor and roadside assistance.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Any members interested in discussing a group venture into this business??

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I have Full Cover Car Insurance from Pepin that includes this useless Air Ambulance. I do live in this Country for 17 years and have never seen this Heli's in action nor do i know anybody that did. Also never seen a Helipad at any Hospital. Can anybody confirm that this service really exists !?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I have Full Cover Car Insurance from Pepin that includes this useless Air Ambulance. I do live in this Country for 17 years and have never seen this Heli's in action nor do i know anybody that did. Also never seen a Helipad at any Hospital. Can anybody confirm that this service really exists !?
HOMS in Santiago.
JfSYCDG.jpg

Traumatológico Prof. Juan Bosch in La Vega.
JfSYBNs.jpg

Plaza de la Salud/CEDIMAT in Santo Domingo.
JfSYqRn.jpg

Unión Médica in Santiago.
JfSYoxf.jpg

A few more.

17 years and now is when you become aware of this.

Reactions: JD Jones and johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
HOMS in Santiago.
JfSYCDG.jpg

Traumatológico Prof. Juan Bosch in La Vega.
JfSYBNs.jpg

Plaza de la Salud/CEDIMAT in Santo Domingo.
JfSYqRn.jpg

Unión Médica in Santiago.
JfSYoxf.jpg

A few more.

17 years and now is when you become aware of this.
The reason I don't like capital punishment. People do make mistake.lol.

• Haha
Reactions: kanson and JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I wonder how much those solar panels cost at Union Medica?
JfSYoxf.jpg

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I saw the guy who wrote that song perform it live. It was not a show that was otherwise memorable.

True that the vacuum filled by the lack of flybys, er med-evacs now should be filled. I doubt the government will step up.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I saw the guy who wrote that song perform it live. It was not a show that was otherwise memorable.

True that the vacuum filled by the lack of flybys, er med-evacs now should be filled. I doubt the government will step up.
I saw Bruce Cockburn in concert years ago. Great song writer and guitar player but his songs are intense and often political. They don’t appeal to the masses. I thought of that song often during my stays in Playa Dorada watching the constant flow of helicopters between Lifestyles and POP airport.

Search and Rescue operations, including major accident scenes are part of military and paramilitary operations in North America, the UK, and Europe. Maybe it’s time for the DR military to expand the scope of their helicopter operations and the replace the need left by the demise of Helidosa. If the cost is covered by local insurance companies, the military could charge for their services. Money is a great motivator.