Hello from South Carolina

Marines23

Nov 7, 2023
South Carolina
Good evening everyone!!! My name is Mark and I'll be retiring to DR in a year and a half when my youngest graduates high school. I'll be 42 when I retire and looking forward to it. Former military, cop and now real estate agent. My plans are to buy land around Cabrera or Las Terrenas and build on it. I've visited DR 10 times since 2017 and ready to call it home one day. I'm also looking forward to learning all I can in this forum.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome aboard Mark

IMG_0152.jpeg

Reactions: Marines23

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Come live and don't buy anything until you have explored more and experienced actual living for a while and talked to some long term expats.

There's and old B. Kliban cartoon with an elderly couple standing together with the caption:
"The Wagon of Love Breaks Down Under the Baggage of Life".

Marines23

Nov 7, 2023
South Carolina
Come live and don't buy anything until you have explored more and experienced actual living for a while and talked to some long term expats.

There's and old B. Kliban cartoon with an elderly couple standing together with the caption:
"The Wagon of Love Breaks Down Under the Baggage of Life".
Thanks so much for this advice. But yes, I definitely won't purchase anything until I'm there. I plan on getting an apartment first then talking to expats, builders, suppliers, scoping out the island etc. But honestly, thanks so much for that info.

Reactions: JD Jones