Hello new member

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...jreef..dont listen to these other people...you know how envy effects some people...come down here, enjoy yourself...the people giving the negative advise are just not happy you might have found that special man...men and women are hard to find here.........Doc..........

Charlie888

Aug 31, 2018
Some of this was good advice. In addition, it its nor what you thought, and you have days left, look for the 1,000s of expats living here. Im one and lived in Miami and now retired and in Gazcue. No romance, just hangin out and polite conversation with someone else who speaks English is fine with me. Go with the "bring a friend idea."..Just read your last..sorry it went like that..

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A common sense realization by post #10 - that's has to be a record.

By her own admission the OP was weary from the outset which in and of itself is encouraging. I don't understand why people are so reluctant to accept their own common sense conclusions without them being validated by people they don't know on social media?

Having a healthy dose of skepticism is requirement #1 here in the DR.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I've talked to him through video. And your right I cant be too sure of the things he says. I dont know if hes being honest or lying

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lying is a slightly different concept. If you believe or really want to to be true, then it's not exactly lying. Saving face is very important. Difficult to do when a person lives without running water. We tourists just don't understand the depth of poverty that exists.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I figured maybe he would take me serious because I'm young and my physical looks. But I know a lot of girls from dominican are the same. They are very pretty as well. So why me if they can be with someone who meets the same criteria over there. Except if the guy is looking for financial help or his Visa

Are you white or blonde? Dom guys really like that.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I figured maybe he would take me serious because I'm young and my physical looks. But I know a lot of girls from dominican are the same. They are very pretty as well. So why me if they can be with someone who meets the same criteria over there. Except if the guy is looking for financial help or his Visa

So, you're young and pretty, then why complicate your life with a jobless man abroad? You'll have to help his family, and you'll probabbly end up financially and emotionally drained.

Last edited: