I need medical travel insurance

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I'll be visiting Cuba for a few weeks. Cuba requires medical insurance from all foreigners flying in. Where/how can I buy such medical travel insurance here in Dominican Republic ?

I've heard about Humano and other Dominican health insurance companies, but not sure if they even provide coverage when you are outside of Dominican Republic ?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I'll be visiting Cuba for a few weeks. Cuba requires medical insurance from all foreigners flying in. Where/how can I buy such medical travel insurance here in Dominican Republic ?

I've heard about Humano and other Dominican health insurance companies, but not sure if they even provide coverage when you are outside of Dominican Republic ?
If you are European you can loose your Esta status for US travel if you go to Cuba. Since January 2021.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

Lots of info - google "medical insurance Cuba"

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003

You can buy it upon arrival if you haven't pre-purchased it.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
As a Canadian, I can contact my insurance provider at home via phone or email to purchase insurance with my credit card number.