Latest updates of Santiago Monorail

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Traffic currently horrible in Santiago City due the construction of a new Monorail system and cable cars, a huge challenge of our new President Luis Abinader and his government.

JJ

• Love
Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That will be nicer than the system in Santo Domingo.

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
La estación Central estará ubicada en el casco urbano de Santiago y constará con un centro de acopio de oficinas gubernamentales de servicio como Edenorte, Corasan, Junta central electoral. Además centros comerciales en la misma convergeran el sistema de vagones y los carros por cable que traerán pasajeros desde el otro lado del Río Yaque del Norte.

También habrá estaciones en el Estadío Cibao.

JJ

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm looking forward to the completion of both projects. They are working around the clock on the cable car stations@ Av. Guzman at the bridge. I pass by there often. Will snap some pics later and post for you guys.

Reactions: drstock

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Funny to see the workers in the video wearing hard hats. I bet they were just handed out for the day! :giggle:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I Mom told me last night that they started working right in front of her house on AV. Salvador Estrella Sadhala, they removed the cyclone fence of the building and started digging a huge hole in order to build a boarding station.
I will walk down stairs and will jump in the train.
Nice!

JJ

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't think traffic will be reduced much after it opens.
Too many people packed into too small a space with under-sized and poor quality roads.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Its only one line. Everybody puts on their pants one leg at a time.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
It'll be very cool, without doubt, although won't come anywhere near where I live in Santiago. What I just can't get is why the government focuses on something so modern as a monorail when they still can't even provide potable water in the country's two largest cities nor electricity 24/7. It's a disgrace.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It'll be very cool, without doubt, although won't come anywhere near where I live in Santiago. What I just can't get is why the government focuses on something so modern as a monorail when they still can't even provide potable water in the country's two largest cities nor electricity 24/7. It's a disgrace.
Because the country loves pouring concrete, which by the way uses a lot of water, and causes temperatures to rise as more land is covered and trees removed.
Just go to Puerto Rico where the whole North Coast is concrete and asphalt - it doesn't give up the heat at night

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Rhetorical question, no doubt.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
They are working hard building a boarding station right on my front door.
JJ