Lawyer Suggestion?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I really don't understand these people who post "I need a good lawyer" without saying For What? It's like saying "I need a good doctor". Guzman Ariza is really good at the residential stuff for expats and for residencies, but I wouldn't call them if I was arrested or wanted advice on registering a patent or suing someone for defamation. There are other firms that would be better in those situations.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I really don't understand these people who post "I need a good lawyer" without saying For What? It's like saying "I need a good doctor". Guzman Ariza is really good at the residential stuff for expats and for residencies, but I wouldn't call them if I was arrested or wanted advice on registering a patent or suing someone for defamation. There are other firms that would be better in those situations.
People that live here and come to this board or one of the infamous everything surfs up name your town sites (for legal, medical, home supply, building, hiring, firing, school, taxi, pricing, etc advice), to me, have clearly made an error and should seriously re-think where they've chosen to call home. Especially for those that can't even get out a complete sentence in Spanish after 10 years! If you're living here, you'd better be armed with a rolodex of high quality contacts or you will seriously get behind the 8-ball fast.

Reactions: Fulano2

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I am adding to the prior post that, yes folks outside of DR, who may have vacationed here over the years, now considering a full time move, ok. I agree that here you can definitely get a lot of your due diligence items checked off. However if you're already on the ground and you are missing the critical rolodex, no bueno.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I would say Guzman Ariza also for real estate.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Sometimes you do need a lawyer that specializes in a certain area, but Guzman is a huge firm and do more than just real estate:

1685418623506.png

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Sometimes you do need a lawyer that specializes in a certain area, but Guzman is a huge firm and do more than just real estate:

View attachment 7779
I think Guzman Ariza is a great firm. I think it definitely has something to do with the Guzman family behind it. They are nice people. I have also been impressed with their openness towards foreigners. They had a German lawyer in Punta Cana who sadly passed away. At the Las Terrenas office there are a couple of foreign lawyers. At their Santo Domingo office they interestingly have a Haitian lawyer who is both a Dominican and Haitian lawyer. Very diverse firm.

Reactions: cavok

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hi Everyone!

One and a half weeks until our trip to Las Terrenas!

Would any one be able to provide the name and phone number of a lawyer, on the off chance (boy I hope not) that we end up needing one?

I used to be a Girl Guide and our motto was "Be Prepared", lol.

Dawn
If you plan your vacation around this reasoning I can't imagine why you would come ? Come and enjoy and relax. Worrying about what legal issues may transpire thet requires you to hire a lawyer (not that anything could be solved in a short trip, other than you throw away money) means you are not going to be relaxed.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Hi Everyone!

One and a half weeks until our trip to Las Terrenas!

Would any one be able to provide the name and phone number of a lawyer, on the off chance (boy I hope not) that we end up needing one?

I used to be a Girl Guide and our motto was "Be Prepared", lol.

Dawn
Damm Dawn ,what are you packing in those girl guide cookies to think you need a lawyer on vacay…:cool: in 30 yrs only needed lawyer here for real estate deals..