new car process

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Can anyone help with the process of a new 2023 car purchase non financial . Can we teste drive it off the lot ??Does dealer pay all taxes ? Do they detail car (take off all shipping stickers) ? what is the process of the tempory plate -? How do we get innsurance before taking it off the lot?? we have been to the dealer looked at a vehicle and will be back to purchase it - we did not put any money down.

not sure what to expect after dealer hands it over to us.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Everything you asked should be handled by the dealer. Even sending someone with you to acquire insurance. And the price of the car includes all tax..............

Reactions: bob saunders

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
I've found that some will let you drive it outside the lot and some won't.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
We had to pay sticker price for the new Suzuki Jimny due to demand and nil profit margin. I think a discount will be based on availability and demand for the vehicle.

Buying a new car was easier than we anticipated. A car dealer will offer various companies to insure, but we went w a local insurance firm in Las Terrenas

You'll get paper plates that are good for 3-4 months. Dealer will call you when the metal plates are in.

With the price of renting a car in the DR getting awfully expensive, it's worth it to buy if you stay here long enough.

Reactions: Auryn and JD Jones

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
How do sales rep work ? commission ?? Is it best to deal with a manager ?? The dealership has a good reputation ( I believe) was given 2 different recommendations for them....How does trade in work ????

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
How do sales rep work ? commission ?? Is it best to deal with a manager ?? The dealership has a good reputation ( I believe) was given 2 different recommendations for them....How does trade in work ????
Buying a new car you should look at Super Carros and look for the lowest price on the car you want. Just about any dealer will match this price if his is higher. As for trade ins there are either none or a complete robbery. Need to sell privately for the best price.............

Jan 9, 2004

Most receive some sort of commission on the car and the various other services you purchase from the dealer. New car dealers will generally accept a trade, but many used car dealers will not. The price offered for your trade in can vary widely from dealer to dealer. Ask for a discount if paying by cash or if you agree to purchase at that moment for the right price. There is not a lot of haggling room on a new car…….but there is some room…….

If you are buying new, buy only from the authorized dealer of the brand you are seeking. Lots of new cars imported from various channels (gray market) by different dealers, but they are not authorized to perform warranty or any recall work. You do not want to find this out the hard way.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
For what it is worth, I have never had a single problem with Viamar Motors..sounds strange to say this about a car dealer but I found them honest.

Reactions: bob saunders
Jan 9, 2004
For what it is worth, I have never had a single problem with Viamar Motors..sounds strange to say this about a car dealer but I found them honest.

They are the authorized dealer for Ford, Kia, and Mazda in the Dominican Republic.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
just make sure they de
Everything you asked should be handled by the dealer. Even sending someone with you to acquire insurance. And the price of the car includes all tax..............
the above is correct, just make sure they do detail and clean up the car and give you a full tank of gas; when I bought a new 2022 SUV, in my 'excitement' I forgot about this

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Is Apolo the best on the north coast?
Also considering a Jimny.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
just make sure they de

the above is correct, just make sure they do detail and clean up the car and give you a full tank of gas; when I bought a new 2022 SUV, in my 'excitement' I forgot about this
And floor mats, ......and a paddle ball, and an ash tray and a book of matches, that's all you need

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You drive a hard bargain. Full tank of gas I doubt is included...........
When I purchased a new Santa Fe in 2003, it was on fumes at Magna Motors in Santo Domingo. They gave me a voucher to get some gas. The only issue was I had no idea where I was going in Santo Domingo, nor did my sister in law who lived in Santo Domingo who was with us. I headed out and was lucky to find a gas station before I ran out. It was my first time driving in the DR.

Good point on how they don't want to include floor mats with the sale.. Had that almost happen as well with other new car buys.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
When I purchased a new Santa Fe in 2003, it was on fumes at Magna Motors in Santo Domingo. They gave me a voucher to get some gas. The only issue was I had no idea where I was going in Santo Domingo, nor did my sister in law who lived in Santo Domingo who was with us. I headed out and was lucky to find a gas station before I ran out. It was my first time driving in the DR.

Good point on how they don't want to include floor mats with the sale.. Had that almost happen as well with other new car buys.
And get a second remote and keys (if it uses a key) - because when you misplace one you can still get in your car and go somewhere till you find out where the housekeeper hid them