New Dominican Beer: República La Tuya

How do expats rate the quality/taste of the new Dominican beer República La Tuya?

• 5 = Excellent

• 3 = Fair

• 1 = Horrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It's popularity up to now has mainly been hype by it's supposed creator, Alofoke.

You definitely don't see it flying off the shelves anywhere.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I was in Janet's today and they had a huge pile of La Tuya on the floor on sale. I always thought the bottles looked a little small. They are. They're only 330ml (11oz). What's worse is they're only 3.5% alcohol by volume, No wonder CB thought they tasted like water. I'll pass on La Tuya.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yesterday Santiago Matías was interviewed in Revista 110. Overall a nice interview. Regarding República La Tuya beer, he said it's already in 10 countries and will enter 10 more in this 2024. It already has 3% of the Dominican market, which is remarkable considering how recent this beer first came out.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Yesterday Santiago Matías was interviewed in Revista 110. Overall a nice interview. Regarding República La Tuya beer, he said it's already in 10 countries and will enter 10 more in this 2024. It already has 3% of the Dominican market, which is remarkable considering how recent this beer first came out.

It's going in the same path as the Soberana did in the 90s. Too much "bulto" and at the end, they'll survive with Alofoke giveaways and concerts.

Reactions: JD Jones

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
After trying it I would give it a solid 1.5 out of 5. If it's ice cold and you drink it really fast it's kinda tolerable. The minute it starts to warm a bit save yourself some grief and bin it.
Canita would still get a zero out of 5.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If the only two beers available in DR were La Tuya and Bud Light, I might drink La Tuya.
I would put the on pink shirt my wife bought me to go see Barbie, find a skimpy speedo, look up the person that Anhuaser hired that cost them market share then crack an ice cold bud and enjoy it like it was the last beer on earth.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I would put the on pink shirt my wife bought me to go see Barbie, find a skimpy speedo, look up the person that Anhuaser hired that cost them market share then crack an ice cold bud and enjoy it like it was the last beer on earth.
I thought why would anyone go to see Barbie and drink bud when there is Presidente, República La Tuya, etc?

Then it hit me, you mean Barbie Barbie. Not the Dominican Barbie:

Btw, República La Tuya is now available on Arajet. lol

Reactions: melphis and cavok