People Illegally Staying in my House

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
...having connections in DR is the way to go in this situation

There it is !

First the caveat….Different strokes for different folks …what worked for us may not work for everyone…etc ..etc…etc…but having local connections in DR for these types of situations may not be a bad idea ….hard to find ….I know ….but worth the effort if and when you find a good connections.

We use a respected Dominican ex policeman for these types of problems …we pay his costs and his ‘consulting ‘ fees…

Only recently…eviction scenario…long story …1,500 USD later …job done . Not sure what he does or even if it is worth asking …but last time we dared to ask he said “ I went there and spoke with them and they agreed to move out “ . Local problems need local solutions …sometimes…switch ‘local’ to ‘Dominican’

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
And this is why if you are a 'gringo' should never rent to Dominicans, as most likely it will not end well for you.
They always think you don't need money, you are just rich intruders, and they have rights to whatever you own.
Haitians are far more reliable

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
And this is why if you are a 'gringo' should never rent to Dominicans, as most likely it will not end well for you.
They always think you don't need money, you are just rich intruders, and they have rights to whatever you own.
Don't think that only happens to gringos. I have watched it happen to many of my Dominican friends.

My story about disappearing woodwork and wiring happened to a Dominican.

He also had to evict a woman with three teen daughters who paid the deposit and never paid another month.

Where I live now a woman with a child from Hell did the same thing.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Don't think that only happens to gringos. I have watched it happen to many of my Dominican friends.

My story about disappearing woodwork and wiring happened to a Dominican.

He also had to evict a woman with three teen daughters who paid the deposit and never paid another month.

Where I live now a woman with a child from Hell did the same thing.

Boy isn’t that the truth. I could fill this thread with stories about issues like this that Mr AE’s family has had. Actually going through it right now with his mother’s house in SD. It’s been sold and what a nightmare getting it vacated.

Reactions: chico bill

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I like his style.
I know someone who had the roof of his property removed. That worked well for him as the tenants didn't want to invest on a new roof.

I’m going to pass that on 😂

Mom’s house is in very commercial area, only two properties on the whole block and the other one was converted into a business and parking lot. That business is buying mom’s house to expand.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
This is exactly what my landlady's dad told her. He was English with a Haitian wife. My landlady was born in Haiti but moved here at age 2. She easily passes for a Dominicana.

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
I’m going to pass that on 😂

Mom’s house is in very commercial area, only two properties on the whole block and the other one was converted into a business and parking lot. That business is buying mom’s house to expand.
Since they are local and the buyer request their help.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Here's a guy who tried to evict his non paying resident........ in 2019.

Man complaint has 3 years in pretrial detention because he evicted tenants from his property; he pleads not guilty. He assures that "that's forwarding and forwarding." Rudy Roberto Santos Ramírez, 36, denounced that he has been in pretrial detention for three years, despite being innocent. "I was arrested for a house for rent, I simply asked for my house, and my tenant says that I tried to get her out the wrong way, being a lie and here are the proofs," Santos Ramírez said. Likewise, the detainee stated that he had previously been given five years, but that after spending a year in prison, his sentence was suspended for lack of evidence. "I am going for three years of forwarding without proof, he has changed his testimony four times and now he does not appear," he said.