Puerto Plata Stadium

Can a LIDOM expansion baseball team would work for POP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Santiago has one of the top teams in the league. Last I checked it was 40 minutes or less from Puerto Plata.........................
San Pedro and La Romana each have a team. You can make the trip from one to the other in less than 40 minutes.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The problem I see with this is that it will leave an odd number of teams. An 8th team would have to be added in the south in Azua where all the roads meet.
It might be better in Baní since it’s more prosperous than any of those places further west. La Vega could be another option or even San Cristóbal.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
After years without a proper maintenance, the Jose Briceño Baseball Stadium (in front of Jumbo POP) is being on the works and it will be re-inaugurated by Abinader in the upcoming weeks.

The renovation is to attract a potential new expansion team for LIDOM.

Currently POP has the Marineros, the LNB basketball team and the Atlantico FC, on soccer. But not a baseball franchise of the city.

Photos source of Igor Rodríguez, currently second in rank of Ministerio de la Presidencia.
Link:
they have a baseball team: tiburones del norte. They play in the summer league. They were champions a couple of years ago.
But indeed it would be good if they would have a team in the winter league again.

Anyway, I am European, I go with a lot of friends to Atlantico (the football team) every week. :)