Self-Storage type facility in the Bavaro area.

1greasy

Jun 21, 2012
Anybody knows of a Self-Storage type facility in the Bavaro area? Need to store furniture from old apartment until the new one is built.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Anybody knows of a Self-Storage type facility in the Bavaro area? Need to store furniture from old apartment until the new one is built.
Some options:

A related thread about storages in that area: https://dr1.com/forums/threads/self-storage-units-in-punta-cana-bavaro.401074/

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Thank you. I called them. They are not operational yet. Maybe in 2-3 months.

Bavaro Self Storage....?...we went there 6 months ago ....and they said the same thing ...they probably will say the same in 6 months time ....

Franco1111's photos in the thread linked above ...post #13 ... are accurate and his descriptions are spot on ....it's just a bunch of shipping containers in a poorly secured piece of land ...so I wouldn't bother if I were you .

What we did was ...found a room .... in a semi decent location ...for around $7000 pesos a month ...room had air conditioning 😳...told the landlord we only need it for storage...so didn't need luz or agua etc ...also told him that we would pay him 6 months in advance if he cut the rent to $6000 pesos ...Deal !

Found out later that the other tenants ..mostly hotel and airport workers.....paid $6000 pesos or less for similar rooms 😬...still a win ....

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I rented a house once in San Isidro. The guy was asking 10K which was a pretty decent price. I told him I'd give him 80K for the entire year and he jumped on it.
Never underestimate the power of a wad of cash in hand.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think a storage place in DR is a good idea. However they are all likely target and have weak security. So chances are the lock would be cut and anything which could be sold would be gone on your return

Reactions: 1greasy

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
I think a storage place in DR is a good idea. However they are all likely target and have weak security. So chances are the lock would be cut and anything which could be sold would be gone on your return

It's been one of the fastest businesses so far in urban areas. Lots of storage companies in Santo Domingo and Santiago. Franchises like Global Storage and Mr B targeting corporate and middle class Dominicans.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Having worked in warehousing and logistics most of my adult life, building a storage facility was on my mind for quite a few years.

I got tired of looking for a suitable piece of land to build on that wasn't ridiculously expensive.