Taxation - Real Este transaction

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
What would you do?
There is a buyer, there is a seller, they agree on 300k for a beach apartment.
After the initial agreement (nothing's been signed yet) the seller realizes: I own this apartment though an SRL. I bought it four years ago for 60k and it stays on the books as 60k asset. If I sell it to you, the company will make 240k profit which will be taxed 27%

Is there a solution to this?
Thanks

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The Department will have a record of the price when the duty was paid on the purchase as well as the name of the purchaser. The only way I know of is to have your buyer agree to have a lower price than the 300,000 being recorded as the sale price and receive the difference as cash in the hand. But that means the buyer will have the same problem when he sells on. I am sure there are other ways available that I am unaware of.

Reactions: CaribeDigital

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What would you do?
There is a buyer, there is a seller, they agree on 300k for a beach apartment.
After the initial agreement (nothing's been signed yet) the seller realizes: I own this apartment though an SRL. I bought it four years ago for 60k and it stays on the books as 60k asset. If I sell it to you, the company will make 240k profit which will be taxed 27%

Is there a solution to this?
Thanks
Making a $240 K profit in 4 years - There can be no whining for the $65K taxation. Still leaves you $175 in pocket, but that needs to be reported on your home country tax filing also, so they get their share too.
Everyone hates taxes, except those who never pay them. And governments want you to die broke and eating cat food, if you haven't noticed that by now.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
Is this 27% for all capital gains in real estate sales? Even houses in private (not company) name?
I understand that 27% (Impuesto sobre la Renta Persona Jurídica IR-2) makes no difference between asset sales and other types of sales.
It does not apply the individual owners.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I understand that 27% (Impuesto sobre la Renta Persona Jurídica IR-2) makes no difference between asset sales and other types of sales.
It does not apply the individual owners.
I've spoken to two lawyers and an accountant about this, and they told me that both and individual owner and an SRL will have to pay capital gains on the sale of a property(and other assets). I think the only difference was an SRL pays 27% and an individual 25%(?).