These 4 Sunny Escapes Were Just Named As The Best In Latin America This Winter

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The travel experts at Vogue have issued their list of the best spots for a sunny escape this winter. We have narrowed it down to the best in Latin America for a mix of easily accessible, cultural, and most importantly, sunny escapes.

These 4 sunny escapes were just named as the best in Latin America this winter:
Number ONE, Punta Cana...................

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
San Jose, Costa Rica?
Interesting pick given the options available for sun seekers.

Reactions: SKY

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
was at Tulum in 1971... and along that coastline and in Belize....Always my favorite the beaches of Rio, Brazil started going there in 1978, and to Bahia also... wonder how Rio is now ?

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
The Mexican one looks interesting due to the Mayan ruins. That's something still on my bucket list.
The entire area around Tulum is really nice. I worked on cruise ships for 5 years and I was at Playa del Carmen and Cozumel every couple of weeks back in the 90's. There is a fantastic park called Xcaret that I went to a few times, great for snorkeling through the caves, cenotes and walking through the jungle. When I first went there Playa del Carmen was nothing but a fishing village with dirt roads. Now it is full of designer boutiques, hotels and restaurants. Very touristy there but still of fun.