Transport Las Terranas - Las Galeras

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Does anyone know of a public bus/gua gua that goes from Las Terranas to Las Galeras?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am spoiled

Does anyone know of a public bus/gua gua that goes from Las Terranas to Las Galeras?

You need to take the publicos to Samana first (the one that goes to Limon first), then from Samana to Las Galeras.

I have done it, too long for my taste (almost 1/2 day, may be better if you start early). On my way back, found the primo del primo de la cunada of my cleaning lady :bandit: living in las Galeras, paid him as he had a car to take me straight to LT.

if money is not an issue, rent a car.

Last edited:

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Thanks to you both. I was actually thinking that the bus routes avoided the center of town and stopped either near the cemetary or at the other end of town where the bus from SD operates in LT. As Africaida said, navigating two or three gua guas from LT to LG is a bit too much. At the same time renting a car at $100 a day for the three days I want to spend in LG is also a bit much. I may end up not doing both LT and LG on this trip. Choosing which is going to be very difficult.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
It's a nice trip with guaguas, with very beautiful landscape (sitting outside). About 4 hours oneway, depending how long you have to wait in Samana. The guaguas in LT wait at the cemetery. If you want it shouldn't be a problem to find somene in LG to drive you back, at least to Samana.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Thanks! I would really like to combine both LT and LG on this trip. It might be worth the 4 hours.

Boowow

Feb 5, 2015
Hi Everyone.
I have taken the Gua Gua the other direction (LG-LT) many times.
The scenery is terrific - and the opportunity to meet people and learn about Dominican culture.
You do have to make short stops in Samańa & Limon... however, my experience has been the time taking much less - like 2.5, maybe three hours MAX one-way...
The place to start the journey from Las Terrenas is across from the cemetery.
My biggest helpful hint is to sit on the side of the truck away from the sun...!

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Thanks! I'm going to try the Gua Gua going to LG from LT. [btw, the like and dislike icons are driving me crazy. I hit like and it dislikes. smdh. I'm challenged!]

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I took my own advice once --- went straight to the back
Gua-gua was almost empty

14 passengers later - at my stop - I had difficulty exiting

Backwards out the rear window using the roof rail....

Stunned guagua..... just silence.....

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I took my own advice once --- went straight to the back
Gua-gua was almost empty

14 passengers later - at my stop - I had difficulty exiting

Backwards out the rear window using the roof rail....

Stunned guagua..... just silence.....

A truly Dominican experience! :laugh:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am never that fortunate...... all I get when riding is heavy eaters.

When in my own car.... the DR contestants are in there..... I see them