Trapped in a Bad Apartment

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
A new neighbor rented the upper apartment in a two apartment remodeled building within a gated residential about 8 months ago. He is now being made a prisoner. When Hurricane Fiona passed over the rain leaked though the roof, windows, and sliding doors onto the walls and floor. The roof is the red clay concrete tile Italian pattern that overlap each other over a concrete base. The walls are now showing cracks. He cannot live in the bad conditions. He is up to date with his rental payments. He wants to break his rental agreement and leave because the owner/administrator has not remedied the problem. The owner/administration won't allow him break the agreement or leave., The gated residential administrators require the owners/administrators to send email communications to confirm renters are free to depart the residential. Without a confirmation renters are trapped even if they are correct for leaving. The residential did not allow his moving truck out of the community two times. Should he visit with the fiscal?

Regards,
PJT

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You are not allowed to prevent someone from moving out of
an apartment. That's called detaining someone against their will.
There are laws against it.
File a report at the local PN detachment and call them the next
time this happens. I guarantee you the "owner/ administrator"
won't block it a third time with the PN at the scene.

That or tell your neighbor to MAN UP.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
As Paul Simon said : "Just drop off the key Lee, and set yourself free"

Reactions: Big

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
So long as he is not taking stuff that isn't his there is nothing that the owner administrator can do. He should get the local PN to be there when he moves. It will cost him a couple thousand pesos but will be well worth it.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
You are not allowed to prevent someone from moving out of
an apartment. That's called detaining someone against their will.
There are laws against it.
File a report at the local PN detachment and call them the next
time this happens. I guarantee you the "owner/ administrator"
won't block it a third time with the PN at the scene.

That or tell your neighbor to MAN UP.
He has some furniture that need to go with him. That is hold up.

Regards,

PJT

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
If a renter break the contract terms and leave early he loses the deposit, I think in some cases can be sued for payment of rents to the end of the contract - read the small prints...

Admin won't let the truck to leave because they can't verify what's in it, the owner needs to come and check the furniture and the condo and confirm renter is only taking his own stuff ...

This is all seem to be according to the law, I guess the police will back the same...!