Regularization program

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Soon we will see what will happen since many one year card will expire.

For me "Renovaci?n" = pay to continue to be no-resident without resedencia and cedula
"Cambio de categor?a" = apply for residencia

who knows...

I read that as the "change of status" is becoming a resident. Of course the government could decide to "renew" the stamps. I see no reason they would renew those stamps. The entire reason for those stamps was to take the heat off the immigration issue for a couple of years, and then when virtually everyone with a stamp becomes illegal, they can be deported at will.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
What I understood last year when I filled out the initial paperwork was that it all had to be finished and turned in by the sixteenth of June last year. That is why I ignored it since i was gone during that period, but have been told by several since getting back in Sept that I have 2 years to fill it all out, so have decided to continue with the process.
Der Fish

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
What I understood last year when I filled out the initial paperwork was that it all had to be finished and turned in by the sixteenth of June last year. That is why I ignored it since i was gone during that period, but have been told by several since getting back in Sept that I have 2 years to fill it all out, so have decided to continue with the process.
Der Fish

first, you need your carnet/stamp...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

For me "Renovaci?n" = pay to continue to be no-resident without resedencia and cedula
"Cambio de categor?a" = apply for residencia

who knows...

I wonder if it will really be possible to renew "regularization".

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
first, you need your carnet/stamp...

I now have my sticker in my passport. My Dominican lady thinks it makes me a Dominican, I found the page with my Codica unica on it, and went down to the same room that was full about a year ago, but had 4 workers in it 2 of them with their heads down on their desks seemingly asleep. No other "customers" at all. The man addressed me in English better than my Spanish so we went with that. He took my paper with the codica unique on it and put a sticker in my passport, and said I was finished. I mentioned 2 things, one that this is not the same passport that I carried when I was there before, and he shrugged it off without wanting to make a copy of the new one, and I told him I couldn't find the papers which told me of the things I had to do to finish the process. He said he didn't have a copy of that either, so I better look for my copy. My stamp is dated 27/7/2015
Glad to spread any information I have and grateful to all those who have helped me with my needs.

Der Fish

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The "program" served it's purpose,to make the Dominican people THINK their government was doing SOMETHING about the "Haitian Problem" here in the DR.
When the program went "VIRAL" the international community came down HARD on the DR government.
They "caved", nothing new there, and not much happened, and it's now dropped!!
"WRONG AGAIN PICHARDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You think??????

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
Somewhat related: I've been told by my lawyer a few weeks ago that I'll receive a cedula in June (I have the 2 year stamp in my passport).

one that this is not the same passport that I carried when I was there before
Same for me, it wasn't an issue.

until 7/27/2017
Same expiry too.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Somewhat related: I've been told by my lawyer a few weeks ago that I'll receive a cedula in June (I have the 2 year stamp in my passport).

Same for me, it wasn't an issue.

Same expiry too.

And you did nothing more than the regularization program?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Correct. After receiving my stamp last year, I asked if there were any other next steps I could get a head-start on and he said no.

Not needing to prove a bank account or have several friends who have known you for a while or none of that?

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
hay dar fish the 7 frends thing and bank account info was part of the paperwork I turned in to become part of the plan origanaly.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
You are true, and not only this 2 things, some fullfiled all the paperwork other just some or almost nothing... but at the end almost all received either a one-year card or the 2 year sticker... I know some foreign (no Haitian) whose file has been accepted only when all paperwork (2 by points) were available...

Too the program was for thos living in the country before Octobre 19, 2011 (need to proof that with paperwork) but many entered well after that date and was able to register...

hay dar fish the 7 frends thing and bank account info was part of the paperwork I turned in to become part of the plan origanaly.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Correct. After receiving my stamp last year, I asked if there were any other next steps I could get a head-start on and he said no.

I think your lawyer is lying. At no point in the future will they just start ?giving? cedulas to people simply because they decided to sign up for the regularization program. If you want a cedula, be prepared for a lengthy time consuming proce$$ that requires submitting a ton of documents all of which will need io be notarized and translated from your native language to Spanish.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
You are true but an individual that enrolled in the regularisation and that filled ALL the paper required had to submit also a TON of documents too ; ID proof (passeport), 2 proof of the presence in the country at the date of octobre 2011 (passport with stamp of 2011 or before, bank account opened before this date, 7 witnesses act... etc...) ; 2 proof of a link with the dominican sopciety (penal, contracts, etc...) ; 2 proof of Financial conditions (bank accounts, comercial reference...) if married marriage certificate apostille etc.... if children others requirements....

I think your lawyer is lying. At no point in the future will they just start ?giving? cedulas to people simply because they decided to sign up for the regularization program. If you want a cedula, be prepared for a lengthy time consuming proce$$ that requires submitting a ton of documents all of which will need io be notarized and translated from your native language to Spanish.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
You are true but an individual that enrolled in the regularisation and that filled ALL the paper required had to submit also a TON of documents too ; ID proof (passeport), 2 proof of the presence in the country at the date of octobre 2011 (passport with stamp of 2011 or before, bank account opened before this date, 7 witnesses act... etc...) ; 2 proof of a link with the dominican sopciety (penal, contracts, etc...) ; 2 proof of Financial conditions (bank accounts, comercial reference...) if married marriage certificate apostille etc.... if children others requirements....

Yes, this is all true.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Wait and see.

The lawyer maybe right. An immigration minister did say several weeks back that they would be advising soon on the process for renewal of status for persons in the Plan. That to me suggested another route to residency and frankly if that happens I would be happy for those that did take the time and effort to 'regularize'.

The whole process was to get those outside the system with a status and particularly for those with meaningful work within the economy. It has been as successful as one could have hoped for and the implications for those Haitians outside the plan at least has become challenging with deportations continuing since mid August 2015 at more than 100 per day. Nearly 2500 were reported deported in February 2016, all at a time when better immigration procedures and controls are being implemented gradually at both land and sea borders.

Some may snipe at DR for achieving what it has done so far, but take heed in that the EU and USA can't do much better at it's borders.

It is an evolving ever developing process........wait and see.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I also suspect the lawyer is lying.