Urgent Marriage advise

Sep 19, 2005
H E L L O!!!!!!!!!!!!!OP...where are you????

I know it was 3:30 AM when you posted this question in a rush from your cell phone or black berry device.......I hope you didnt get ROLLED by the "available interpreter".......... ha ha ha ha

bob

hackman22

Nov 10, 2006
I'm still alive !! LOL

Hi all,
Thanks for all the feedback.I'm glad to hear I could make you all spit up coffee etc.
Actually I had been here 5 days.I met her the first day,took her to diner in downtown SD twice and didn't hit it till today. I did pay her cab driver but only because I wanted too.
She brought her cousin with her today......we actually had a great time......on my dime of course I may have exaggerated a bit on my intentions but it certainly got me all the advice I was looking for.
I wrote the post at 3AM,hoping for advise from those who have "been there" before I went to BC.
I was out with her til 2 (which is how many beers I had.)
I pretty much understood the amount of time need to bring her back but I had also read there was a much quicker way but it is not available everywhere.I guess since no one answered that 1 it probably isn't.

Needless to say you were right on. I figured the full day spent today with her would give me a good idea on where I really stood.
I gave her a few "tests" .She passed the first but that was it. She didn't have a bathing suit so she "needed one" that was the first clue. Her behavior,while sweet as pie,showed some signs that this behavior was temporary. I also figured out she has a boyfriend. She was lying saying she was at work supposedly to her family.
(She is 21 not 18+) so that didn't make sense. (I checked out the photos on her cell)

The interpretor may just be involved after all.While he was way cheaper then a regular taxi for the amount of driving he did the first 2 days today was a different story.
Just writting this reminded me of odd things he had done.......very agreeable to the shopping,advising me to get room at hostel for day,expensive dinner location etc etc
(Sorry...interupted by her trying to call me LOL)
Anyway,day cost about 400 US......like I said ,I DID have a great day!!
Interpretor is suppose to come by tomorrow at noon as I'm completing some banking that took an extra day.
(I know your all goin' LOOK OUT at this point so I guess I'm learning finally)
Any thoughts (besides I told you so) on handling him? Avoid him,chaulk it up,confront him in the hotel lobby or???
I'm gonna bet "move on" wins this vote LOL
Hopefuly I have at least got you to pat yourselves on the back.It people like you that are the backbone of this forum.
See you in Cabo next vacation......hope there's a forum!! Lol
Rob H
P.S. I will check back before noon.I probably didn't see the link this morning for replies on my sidekick

Sep 19, 2005
why do you need to "handle" the interpreter?...does he give you the idea you OWE him something?..does he always want to be the guy telling you what to do?

well the worst part is that the interpreter and the girl are in "on it"....thats a very bad sign...frget the bathing suit crap......that chump stuff....and forget the dammm dinner....youd do that with almost any date...what happens when you say to the interpreter that you wont pay anything more than what you are used to paying'...ie..first day fees.....

the bad thing is you NEED an interpreter to talk to your girl.....the second bad thing..is she has a boyfriend.....how did that come out????

how many more days in the current situation???

bob

hackman22

Nov 10, 2006
scam on

I guess I should have said what would you do when that interscamprator shows up at noon.
No,he's not the boyfriend. I saw photos of him on her cell when she wasn't paying attention.
I figured it out & mentioned it to interpretor who later admitted it with another great story.Even included an optional ho house as this is my last night at Jaragua.
I sure fel for this one but I guess I'm not the 1st.
Chica called my room 10 min ago but got disconnected after a few words were exchanged. I acted as if allwas fine to see what she was trying to get know.Surprised she hasn't called back.
I could probably get her canned on my way out......might be a little payback.
Til she reopens elsewhere
Rob

hackman22

Nov 10, 2006
more

This guy is REAL smooth.Claimed he worked for some news agency and was on vacation himself but was willing to "help me out" (of some money)
Had some photos of himself with boxing/sports stars.Sure would like a second look at those. Everywhere we went people knew him.He's probably getting a percentage at every stop.Sounds like he's been doing this a long time.Ended the night with how his diabetic wife needed scripts.
I've never fallin for a scam before What the $%^# was I thinking (or not thinking)
Guess if I ever get in the scam business I'll be sure and use a really hot Chica!
El Stupido in DR

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
This is not scam business but business as usual here. There are thousands of these guys running around here. Smart street hustlers, not much else. The real crooks are in government or in a court house as either lawyer, judge, or professional embezzler with over thousands of dollars at stake, sometimes millions.

I admire your honesty for admitting everything though. You learned and thanks god you had a message board to help you find the truth before you got fleeced too bad.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Holy platanos!

Hackman, be very careful you don't lose more than your pride!
These people seem to be setting you up!
Get away now! while you still can!
You may lose mucho dinero and even your lap-top! Kick them out and start your ordeal anew with another sankette. okay?......Now!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just To Give You Some Perspective!!

That $400.00 you spent in one day,is about 2 months pay to the average Dominican!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
"get her canned on my way out......might be a little payback"

what do you mean, report her to the police? I hope not. You will be the guy sitting in the jail cell, and nobody else (except for a new interpreter demanding money for your protection or your food).

Her 'interpreter' probably knows colonels and generals from the Drug Police down to the Intelligence Arm of the National Police or the Army....and many of them are very corrupt and would set you up faster than lightning. Down here you are guilty until proven innocent.

Walk away and chalk it up to a learning experience.

hackman22

Nov 10, 2006
last for now

Actually I was considering the front desk on my way out.They frown very heavily on employees screwing the guest or even associating with them on off the clock.I've got her full real name from receipt at hostel.Maybe I'll just added to the long how was your stay form from this lousy hotel when I'm safely home.
This place put a temporary hold,accidentally for 750 dollars....incidentals lol
Money I could use about now.I normally don't complain about a place but nothing worked in room,didn't get included meals,type of room I paid for,other overcharges........just to name a few.

Called my airline and changed my departure date ......... again.I'll be "released" lol the 28th and spend a week at my brothers in texas before returning home.
Will follow up if necesary when it's all over.
No more DR journeys for me
Rob

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Actually I was considering the front desk on my way out.They frown very heavily on employees screwing the guest or even associating with them on off the clock.I've got her full real name from receipt at hostel.Maybe I'll just added to the long how was your stay form from this lousy hotel when I'm safely home.
This place put a temporary hold,accidentally for 750 dollars....incidentals lol
Money I could use about now.I normally don't complain about a place but nothing worked in room,didn't get included meals,type of room I paid for,other overcharges........just to name a few.

Called my airline and changed my departure date ......... again.I'll be "released" lol the 28th and spend a week at my brothers in texas before returning home.
Will follow up if necesary when it's all over.
Rob

Don't punish the whole country for what happened to you, this happens in every developing country with tourists and probably in your home country too just more sophisticated and less often. There are many beautiful woman in the DR, but you gotta weed out the bad ones and thats no easy tasks for first timers in the country.

My guess is that you have not travelled abroad very often or have not been exposed to street hustlers at home.

For the problems at your hotel, you get what you pay for. It was a hostel how much did that cost you per night?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Just let it go--you both got what you wanted-- as you so nicely put it--- "I didn't hit it until today" she got dinner, a bathing suit and whatever else you showered her with.

Sex can be expensive!!!

Keep on going and don't look back--

hackman22

Nov 10, 2006
ok ok ok

OK
You all give great advice.I'll just get the &^$ out of here.
Hostel was 60 US
A night,on the beach.
And yes,while I have made many trips to Mexico this is my first journey elsewhere.
Thanks again for all your help.
Sincerely,
Rob H

Sep 19, 2005
Hello All,
First,legal question.....
Is direct consular spouse visa available in DR?
Secondly,are DR marriages expensive or time consuming?

I've been in DR 3 days

day 5
Rob

sorry rob....I just think this is sooo funny....women oh yeah baby !! ha ha ha....they can make us pretty dammmm stupid huh?? ha ha ha

thanks for the story...nothing to be ashamed of....I love open honesty....just say it like it is...and you did

you are on your way to being a vetern now......amazing mexico didnt have this type of woman?

bob

delacruz

Dec 10, 2006
Hi there, yes I agree with all the others what is the rush! I'm a 42 year old Uk woman who went out and met a guy there! We have been communicating for just over four months now and getting to now each other. I have been out there twice and going again in Jan.... It all seems to add up, but I'm still being cautious which is why I've been on here and got some fab advice... she could be cool but so many are just out there to use you so take your time, if you have a little money go out and enjoy the country and check her out! good luck!

Santiagohombre1

Jun 1, 2006
look my advise for you....realize dr is justa tiny bit poooorrrr pobre pobrecito. that girl probably did not even eat decent meals for days and lived in a tiny hut off with sewer type water to wash and bath and crying kids at home. you on the other hand...you go back to the states and take it all for granted. yes, she was using you but they all wont use you like that, just find one who wont use you, find one you feel you can trust more and go from there. but you go into the poorest island in the hemisphere, i dont know what you expected. yes US DOMINICANS use each other too. we will use anything we can get to survive and not die of hunger. DUHHHH but, there are some really good people. churches, and respectful places full of people. but ummm, dont come back until you are ready to be an aggressive, poor caribbeanite ready to be on the prowl to get what you need from people. i am trying to xplain her mindset. ok what would you do if some rich lady came into your poverty island. you date her, you cheat on your man, maybe you dump your man, you sit there with no food and think how to get what you need. you see some ugly nast rich lady and you go alll out to win her over. but at the same time you use your family, you eat the last pieces of food, you use your friends, you use the island, you use taxi drivers. it is how it works when you have nothing. you just use everything around you. ok, my dominian behind just told you how it works if you come back just look around you and see the hunger in people. also in such a romantic culture,...hmmm..ok it runs like this.....the women crave some guy's thing 24/7 as they listen to music and live. they cant survive without it. they will kill of shoot for their man..they wil take a machete and commit suicide if their man is lost. it all sounded to me liek you jut did not know the culture. ok so find a girl that......has you as her man, her soulmate dominican style and she wont use you or anything.