Off Topic Forum Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
DR1 is about the Dominican Republic

The Dominican Republic is at a crossroads, and so is DR1. Both have to rally on the most valuable resource -- the people, including Dominicans and foreigners with vested interests. The Dominican Republic and DR1 are being reinvented.

These are exciting times. The virtual world is demanding we take giant leaps. In the DR, there are expectations of more efficient government and leadership.

At DR1, we commit to being the place where people can come to “Know More. Connect” about the Dominican Republic.

We have a snag in these efforts. The Off Topic thread is taking us off-course. It has nothing to do with the Dominican Republic.

The time has come for DR1 to make better use of staff and moderators’ efforts. Off-Topic is closed. It has been fun, but now we appeal to the understanding of our community. We need to concentrate on our essence: the Dominican Republic.

We have been adding more updates in the news section at different times of the day. So people can gradually count on DR1 for their Dominican news. More changes are coming.

Dolores Vicioso, Editor
dolores@dr1.com

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
tenor.gif

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The OT forum was a well-intentioned idea, aimed at keeping the regular forums free of non-DR related content while giving posters a place to debate these issues.

Our interest and love for the Dominican Republic are what unite us, the OT forum just highlighted what divides us.

I fully support Dolores's decision and hope all posters will cooperate with the mods in keeping the regular forums free of non-DR related material, and racial and religious discussions.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Best move to go back to a place where you can get valid info on virtually anything in the DR without some moron breeding on the US Politics thread tell us "The virus is the same as the flu"...................

Many long time posters living here full time with this info stopped posting because they did not want to waste two days defending their post from the same morons breeding on Off Topic........

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
And the US Politics thread?

Surely there are countless other forums on the web to discuss US politics. What that thread and the forum turned into was absolutely toxic and an embarrassment to such a great community like DR1.

I admire Dolores for what she has accomplished and the space she has provided for people with an interest in the DR- its people, culture, food, music, language etc. I am glad to be a part of this community and I hope my contributions enhance the already great forum that it is.

Congratulations Dolores and cheers to a new and focused DR1.

Regards,

MP.

Last edited:

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Best move to go back to a place where you can get valid info on virtually anything in the DR without some moron breeding on the US Politics thread tell us "The virus is the same as the flu"...................

Many long time posters living here full time with this info stopped posting because they did not want to waste two days defending their post from the same morons breeding on Off Topic........

I totally agree, the same trolls were here 10 years ago when i joined, although they have some new recruits, and still posting the same vile bile

Reactions: Michael DR

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The OT forum was a well-intentioned idea, aimed at keeping the regular forums free of non-DR related content while giving posters a place to debate these issues.

Our interest and love for the Dominican Republic are what unite us, the OT forum just highlighted what divides us.

I fully support Dolores's decision and hope all posters will cooperate with the mods in keeping the regular forums free of non-DR related material, and racial and religious discussions.
Virtually any other thread, with enough posts, will show division. All people do not share the same views.

Status
Not open for further replies.