New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So you are at the airport and a family of 4 is ahead of you checking in with no E Ticket. And 20 more people behind you don't have any either. In all almost half of the people don't have one. What happens?

I can tell you. They get their passport scanned like usual and board the plane.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This is something that will probably resolve on its own. Once passengers without the e-tickets arrive and then get sent off to the side to look for the forms and fill them out while everybody else is getting in line ahead of them at immigration and customs, they'll catch on.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
What are they going to do with Dominicans that will not do E-Ticket? Including my old parents? That is not going to last one day after it is made mandatory. It will happen the same thing that happened with the Covid test at the Airport. People are going to riot.
This is 2021 Amigo they hardly burn tires in street anymore...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No one mentioned anything about the tourists. Coming to the DR not one tourist will have the form. Not ONE. And returning will be the same. If they wanted to fill it out they could not anyway. As we know the English version still does not work.

This will be either you have it, or you just go about the old way. PERIOD....................Or it will die a quick death.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Guess you haven't been in the streets much..............
Please ..when the last tire burning you seen ...it used to be every few months something ...bring marsh mellows .. elections where the best!! Nothing like burnt rubber smell on your smores..

Reactions: TropicalPaul

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just did the form for my wife.....

Went back to Spanish---
English version could not pull up 'Reason for Trip'.

Everything else worked smoothly

So, they used the new form with her this afternoon.

Because she was checking a bag, she didn't check in online -
that means they run you thru a list of questions at check-in--
Where are staying etc

If you use the new form & online check-in - she said you would fly thru

We'll see how the return goes in a few weeks

She liked it - no glasses needed to scribble forms and so on

Reactions: POP DGA

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I came in on American Airlines yesterday to Santiago airport.

Breezed right through Immigration.
Did not even have to show my cedular or residence card, just my passport and the QR code.

Congratulations !!!

Uh-oh !!!

Remember, this is the DR, don't celebrate too soon.

Customs refused me to let me leave without the filled in and signed blue customs card.

They even called over an assistant that spoke English.
He tried, they tried and they could not use the QR code that Immigration had just used.

I played dumb, not telling them I had also filled out the forms.
I was trying to get them to make their side work.

After many minutes, they handed me another blue customs card and insisted I needed to fill it out and sign it.

As a
precaution, I had filled out all three forms on the plane, but did not tell them that until they handed me another custom form and said I had to fill it out in order to leave.

So much for progress.

PS:
I had no problems when I left the DR using the QR code.

Don

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
So you are at the airport and a family of 4 is ahead of you checking in with no E Ticket. And 20 more people behind you don't have any either. In all almost half of the people don't have one. What happens?

I can tell you. They get their passport scanned like usual and board the plane.
If all these people were at an airport in London trying to board a flight to the US without an ESTA or a PCR test they would be denied boarding. Airlines won't decide to bend the rules because a flight is going to Dominican Republic.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If all these people were at an airport in London trying to board a flight to the US without an ESTA or a PCR test they would be denied boarding. Airlines won't decide to bend the rules because a flight is going to Dominican Republic.
You believe that I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Yes for PCR test , which is not needed to go to the DR, but NO for any QR code crap................

Like they are going to ask for your QR code at check in.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Read post #285 again, then read it a few more times. There is ZERO chance of anyone being denied entry here for not having the code. NONE..............................

Reactions: johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Read post #285 again, then read it a few more times. There is ZERO chance of anyone being denied entry here for not having the code. NONE..............................
Three weeks ago I was waiting for my flight to the DR at JFK. I was at gate 25. There was a flight for Jamaica at gate 26. I kept hearing an announcement about bringing a "health certificate" to the agent at the gate. I thought, have I missed something with all these changes each month??

So, I went to the the agent and asked...are the announcements for the DR flight?? "You going to the DR? No that's for Jamaica that needs a health declcaration here in NY before boarding. You're good DR needs nothing".

Reactions: cavok

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

Breezed right through Immigration.
Did not even have to show my cedular or residence card, just my passport and the QR code.

Congratulations !!!

Uh-oh !!!

Remember, this is the DR, don't celebrate too soon.

Customs refused me to let me leave without the filled in and signed blue customs card.

They even called over an assistant that spoke English.
He tried, they tried and they could not use the QR code that Immigration had just used.

I played dumb, not telling them I had also filled out the forms.
I was trying to get them to make their side work.

After many minutes, they handed me another blue customs card and insisted I needed to fill it out and sign it.

As a
precaution, I had filled out all three forms on the plane, but did not tell them that until they handed me another custom form and said I had to fill it out in order to leave.

So much for progress.

PS:
I had no problems when I left the DR using the QR code.

Don
Sorry, but I don't understand this. First you say you could not leave without the completed blue customs card and they could not use the QR code, then you say PS: I had no problems when I left the DR using the QR code.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Perhaps Entry & Departure work differently.....

My wife's departure was smooth......
I have no recent entry experience

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Sorry, but I don't understand this. First you say you could not leave without the completed blue customs card and they could not use the QR code, then you say PS: I had no problems when I left the DR using the QR code.
Read it again, I was talking about RETURNING to the D.R YESTERDAY.

I could not exit the airport until I gave them a filled out and signed blue custom form. (Coming home to the D.R.)

When I LEFT the D.R. days earlier there was no problem using just the QR code.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Read it again, I was talking about RETURNING to the D.R YESTERDAY.

I could not exit the airport until I gave them a filled out and signed blue custom form. (Coming home to the D.R.)

When I LEFT the D.R. days earlier there was no problem using just the QR code.
I think we need to accept the fact that the QR "system" is terribly flawed.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think we need to accept the fact that the QR "system" is terribly flawed.
The DR counts on tourism. Next to zero of tourists will even know about this, let alone have the forms filled out. To say that you cannot board a plane to or from the DR without the QR Code is NEVER going to happen. They can use it to bypass the forms, but they will NEVER deny boarding either coming or going. You will just have to fill out the forms.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
The DR counts on tourism. Next to zero of tourists will even know about this, let alone have the forms filled out. To say that you cannot board a plane to or from the DR without the QR Code is NEVER going to happen. They can use it to bypass the forms, but they will NEVER deny boarding either coming or going. You will just have to fill out the forms.

SKY the IATA website shows all the information that airlines use to check all regulations on arriving passengers. It's https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php . If it's on there an airline will go with the rules as posted. It may well be that the rules aren't actually followed once you arrive, but the airlines will stick to the rules as posted on that site. You're giving you opinion, but I am talking fact.

"The IATA Travel Centre is the most accurate source available because we draw on a comprehensive database used by virtually every airline, and information gathered from over 1,600 official sources worldwide, such as immigration and police authorities. What’s more, our user-friendly system is constantly updated, so when you search for destination-specific details, you can rest assured the information returned is both current and complete."

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Give it up already. NO ONE WILL BE DENIED ENTRY OR EXIT......................You think the DR will destroy their biggest industry? This would be the death knell for tourism here. No tourist will have or even know about this.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
No point in arguing something that will be industry wide. All countries will require some type of clearance document and information.
It’s only a matter of when and which become globally implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.