Is it just me or are you nervous about taking the chinese vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Dr. Anthony Fauci said the best vaccine you can get is the vaccine you can get.

I got mine. Sinovac. Chinese. Because it can be safely stored here, not like the ones that need riddick minus whatever Celsius.

2nd jab in April.

The best vaccine you can get is the vaccine you can get.
When was the last time that doctor saw a patient?

• Sad
Reactions: Carl.L

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
And remember - Germany went back/forth on AZ for over 65 yrs....
we're all still guessing to some degree- blazing a new trail
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope as a public-health tool​

The early coronavirus mistakes were mostly mistakes of excessive optimism. Many scientists, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, did not immediately grasp the threat. Neither did we in the media. President Donald Trump made the extreme version of this mistake, with a series of false statements minimizing the problem. Some politicians continue to show undue optimism, ending mask mandates and allowing full restaurants.​
But overoptimism isn’t the only type of error in public health. Pessimism can also do damage. And at our current stage in the pandemic — as the United States finishes its first year of life dominated by Covid-19 — pessimism has become as much of a problem as optimism.​
Thousands of schools remain closed, to children’s detriment, even though epidemiologists say that many can safely open. Irrationally negative talk about the vaccines has fed hesitation about getting them. The widespread notion that normal life won’t return anytime this year — if ever — has caused some people to give up on social distancing and mask wearing. They seem to be saying: What’s the point?​
Difficult truths can sometimes be a vital public-health tool. But so can optimism. Optimism can help people to get through tough times and make sacrifices, in the belief that better days are ahead.​
In a White House address last night, President Biden tried to balance realism and hope. He began with a somber recitation of Covid’s costs, including job loss, loneliness, canceled gatherings, missed time in school and, most of all, death. At one point, he reached into his jacket pocket and removed a card — which he always carries, he said — with the current American death toll printed on it. The past year, he said, had been one “filled with the loss of life and the loss of living for all of us.”​
Yet when it came time for Biden to tell Americans what he wanted them to do — to wear masks, maintain social distancing and get vaccinated — he did not use darkness as motivation. He used July 4.​
“If we do all this, if we do our part, if we do this together, by July the 4th, there’s a good chance you, your families and friends, will be able to get together in your backyard or in your neighborhood and have a cookout or a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day,” he said, standing alone at a podium in the White House’s East Room. “Finding light in the darkness is a very American thing to do.”​
The speech included plenty of caveats, about virus variants, uncertainty and more. Biden’s political strategy on the virus is clearly to underpromise so he can overdeliver. But that’s part of what made the July 4 vision memorable. Even Biden, with all of his caution, seems to grasp the power of hopefulness at this moment.​
After 12 months of a pandemic, it’s hard to inspire people to action with only grim warnings of all that could still go wrong. People need to know the full picture, both bad and good. They need a source of motivation beyond fear.​
“Over a year ago, no one could have imagined what we were about to go through,” Biden said. “But now we’re coming through it.”​
What point are YOU trying to make here?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
When the vaccines first came out both my wife and I decided that we would wait a year or so to see what a longer period of time would show us. I was adamantly opposed to the Chinese vaccine based on the complete lack of responsibility from the Chinese government owning their part in all this.

After reviewing all the information (good, bad, true, fake or whatever) we decided that not even the Chinese would attempt mass harm to their own people( not counting the genocide on the Muslim areas). Also several other countries using Sinovac have shown excellent results. Taking everything into consideration we went for the vaccine on Tuesday. It was the most organised thing I have ever seen in the Dominican.

One of the main deciding factors was travel. If an airline or cruise ship company says no admittance without a a vaccine then your kind of stuck. We travel a lot and are not willing to give that up.

I hope the second shot goes as well as the first. Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you. As after all, it is your decision.

Reactions: Luperon

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
When the vaccines first came out both my wife and I decided that we would wait a year or so to see what a longer period of time would show us. I was adamantly opposed to the Chinese vaccine based on the complete lack of responsibility from the Chinese government owning their part in all this.

After reviewing all the information (good, bad, true, fake or whatever) we decided that not even the Chinese would attempt mass harm to their own people( not counting the genocide on the Muslim areas). Also several other countries using Sinovac have shown excellent results. Taking everything into consideration we went for the vaccine on Tuesday. It was the most organised thing I have ever seen in the Dominican.

One of the main deciding factors was travel. If an airline or cruise ship company says no admittance without a a vaccine then your kind of stuck. We travel a lot and are not willing to give that up.

I hope the second shot goes as well as the first. Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you. As after all, it is your decision.
I decided to wait as well since I don't plan on traveling anywhere nor do I expose myself to risky situations that may expose me.

If I wait another few weeks or so, I'll have a very good idea of which vaccine I would feel comfortable receiving.

Reactions: Luperon

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
I decided to wait as well since I don't plan on traveling anywhere nor do I expose myself to risky situations that may expose me.

If I wait another few weeks or so, I'll have a very good idea of which vaccine I would feel comfortable receiving.
Please explain how you are not exposing yourself to people and therefore the vicus.

Don't you work in a big commercial operation with a ton of employees? Is all you food and supplies delivered? Do you never leave your residence and come into contact with others?

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

The countries using the sinovac are the ones that did not order vaccines in the early days. As far as I know they have not released the data on the sinovac vaccine for peer review. I would not take a vaccine that has not been approved by the US of Europe.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The countries using the sinovac are the ones that did not order vaccines in the early days. As far as I know they have not released the data on the sinovac vaccine for peer review. I would not take a vaccine that has not been approved by the US of Europe.
There are at least 17 countries using it since mid January including Dominican Republic, Turkey, Jordan, Brazil, Venezuela etc.
Most of those 17 countries have ordered from other suppliers as well but due to world demand they are all taking whatever they can get from whoever will supply it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Please explain how you are not exposing yourself to people and therefore the vicus.

Don't you work in a big commercial operation with a ton of employees? Is all you food and supplies delivered? Do you never leave your residence and come into contact with others?
I'm not sure why I should need to explain, but since you're a friend..... if you must know, I run a business with a support team who keeps everything running smoothly and have extremely limited access to "Moi"

When I am not at work I'm a stay at home kind of guy who practices self isolation due to the virus but have a nice yard where I can hang out and plenty of things to do.

The only other time I go out is at 6:30 am every Sunday morning I wear my mask to the supermarket when it is virtually devoid of persons and all of the employees of the supermarket wear theirs as well. I seldom see more than 2-3 shoppers throughout the entire store at that hour.

So to answer your question, I do not come in close contact with others at all (and no more than necessary when I have to).

How's that?

Last edited:

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
There are at least 17 countries using it since mid January including Dominican Republic, Turkey, Jordan, Brazil, Venezuela etc.
Most of those 17 countries have ordered from other suppliers as well but due to world demand they are all taking whatever they can get from whoever will supply it.
I hope this clears it up for you
Just the facts ma'am

Facts

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Melphis, where did you go for your shot? Do you know if they were accepting anyone other than 1A, 1B, and 1C people.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Melphis, where did you go for your shot? Do you know if they were accepting anyone other than 1A, 1B, and 1C people.
I went to PUJ airport. I don't know if they are still doing them there. They were doing everyone with a cedula regardless of age. I understand Centro Medical might still be doing them with an appointment

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you notice, the earliest vaccine trials scored the best in efficacy.... high %'s

J&J came along later and scored more poorly.

One explanation of that is that the epidemic hadn't yet 'hit it's stride'..... fewer cases
J&J was at a much higher point in the number of cases.... virus had escalated in case numbers.

Same goes for those So American countries where the Sinovac tests were under extreme conditions
Raging epidemic

That affects the outcome - the results......
Easy to score in calm waters.....

Lots of reading on this if you look
The various tests are sooo different that comparing them is futile
Different times, different populations....... not true comparison unless they all compete on the same playing field

This is all NEW stuff.... uncharted territory..... hard to nail it down

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
If you notice, the earliest vaccine trials scored the best in efficacy.... high %'s

J&J came along later and scored more poorly.

One explanation of that is that the epidemic hadn't yet 'hit it's stride'..... fewer cases
J&J was at a much higher point in the number of cases.... virus had escalated in case numbers.

Same goes for those So American countries where the Sinovac tests were under extreme conditions
Raging epidemic

That affects the outcome - the results......
Easy to score in calm waters.....

Lots of reading on this if you look
The various tests are sooo different that comparing them is futile
Different times, different populations....... not true comparison unless they all compete on the same playing field

This is all NEW stuff.... uncharted territory..... hard to nail it down
WW care to share your links on this important data? Seriously.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.