New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No problems using "Opera" browser.
I used English to complete the requests.
My questions are: 1. How many people that will be affected read DR1?
2. How many people (percentage) know what "opera browser" means and how to apply it to this subject matter?

Reactions: drstock

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This can never be applied as the only way in and out of the DR. One simple reason among others is this: The millions of tourists coming into Puna Cana airport. I fly in and out frequently, and about 75% or more of the passengers are tourists. There is no way that most or even all know about this. And if they did how many can complete the forms successfully? People on DR1 that know Spanish struggle to complete the forms.

I can just see them turning away thousands of tourists from entering OR leaving. It will NEVER happen................

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
You would be amazed at the info already in your passport when swiped. They can add anything to it if necessary. For example, if you are vaccinated it can show when they swipe the passport.
I think you're giving co-operation between government agencies to much credit. Be nice though.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Wonder if there is any consideration given to hiring an IT professional to fix the problem.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
This can never be applied as the only way in and out of the DR. One simple reason among others is this: The millions of tourists coming into Puna Cana airport. I fly in and out frequently, and about 75% or more of the passengers are tourists. There is no way that most or even all know about this. And if they did how many can complete the forms successfully? People on DR1 that know Spanish struggle to complete the forms.

I can just see them turning away thousands of tourists from entering OR leaving. It will NEVER happen................
Trafic in Punta Cana Airport is 99.9 Tourist and 0.01% Dominicans or residents, what I think part of the problems with some people is the browser they are using, none of the travelers I know had any problem filling out the form, the only problem that had one friend last week was he deleted the screen capture with the QR code and he didnt write the locator for re enter to the form and he had to redo everything and create a new one.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Trafic in Punta Cana Airport is 99.9 Tourist and 0.01% Dominicans or residents, what I think part of the problems with some people is the browser they are using, none of the travelers I know had any problem filling out the form, the only problem that had one friend last week was he deleted the screen capture with the QR code and he didnt write the locator for re enter to the form and he had to redo everything and create a new one.

What browser do you think works best?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
And what about lil ole SDQ? Surely that is a more mixed crowd of tourists, business and local travel.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
What browser do you think works best?
Google Chrome, another friend who left DR few days ago fill it from his Android phone Huawei and no problem, his aunt arrived yesterday also filled it and no problem. One recomendation I give is to do the process at least 5 days before your trip, the updates of the airline systems is slower and maybe you arrive at the check in and they do not have information of your file, that happened to another friend that filled it within less than 24 hrs prior his flight.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
And there you are. I have no idea what "he deleted the screen capture with the QR code and he didnt write the locator for re enter to the form" means. What chance is there for a non-techie like me?

Reactions: slowmo

snowbrat85

Sep 6, 2014
And there you are. I have no idea what "he deleted the screen capture with the QR code and he didnt write the locator for re enter to the form" means. What chance is there for a non-techie like me?
fill it out online. takes all of 10 minutes max. its linked to your passport number they'll have it in their system.

SDQ is nearly no tourists. im always the only white non Spanish speaker on the plane

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just flew out of PUJ on Jetblue yesterday. Before you reach the check in counter a girl had a pad with the small forms that you always filled out. She gave one to everyone in line to fill out. When she reached me I showed her the E Ticket emblem so I was the privileged one that did not have to take the 2 minutes to fill out the form that everyone else was filling out. LIterally no one had an E ticket that I saw. When I reached customs I gave my DR passport with the E ticket. She stamped my passport and never did anything with the E ticket other than give it back

So much for the E Ticket........................................

Reactions: slowmo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Just flew out of PUJ on Jetblue yesterday. Before you reach the check in counter a girl had a pad with the small forms that you always filled out. She gave one to everyone in line to fill out. When she reached me I showed her the E Ticket emblem so I was the privileged one that did not have to take the 2 minutes to fill out the form that everyone else was filling out. LIterally no one had an E ticket that I saw. When I reached customs I gave my DR passport with the E ticket. She stamped my passport and never did anything with the E ticket other than give it back

Same here 3 weeks ago. However, using e-tix ONLY is starting MAY 1. I went on line to some other travel sites to see if this was public information.....and it is. Lets see what happens then.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Tomorrow I am flying out of SDQ. I have the small forms in my carry-all and I'm doing that in my house tonite and not doing the e tic until next trip.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

When you fill in the e-ticket, you are entering information directly into their database. Which they can see you have done when they scan the passport. So they don't do anything with the e-ticket and never will. The QR code just shows that you have done this. The whole point is that you are giving them the data so they don't have to key it in. I believe that they do scan the e-ticket at customs when you enter as they aren't sitting in front of terminals.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Tomorrow I am flying out of SDQ. I have the small forms in my carry-all and I'm doing that in my house tonite and not doing the e tic until next trip.

I don't understand why you prefer to spent 10 minutes filling out a form on paper rather than 10 minutes filling out a form online?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I don't understand why you prefer to spent 10 minutes filling out a form on paper rather than 10 minutes filling out a form online?
I have done it both ways over the past few months as I make the round trip every three weeks. It's more like 3 minutes to fill out the forms that I carry with me vs. (?) 10 minutes on line IF the sun, moon and the web site gods come together.
As of now, it not being mandatory, I don't see the advantage to be that great. For ex: One time exiting the airport at customs I had the e-tic but the line I was on (there were 2) didn't have a scanner. So....not my fault.

Perhaps things have gotton better. We'll see. Maybe I'll try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.