Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
What unvaxxed states would those be?
Missouri and others.... I saw a chart/graph vividly showing the hospitalization rates comparing them on TV

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Then the same should be for all athletes, vaccinated too. And do it by the now debunked PCR testing which amplifies Covid to make sure it shows up.
And while we are at it swab all the athletes hands and anyone with bacteria present should not be allowed to leave.
There is a point that sane people will forget this Covid hyper-foolishness and decide to live life again, despite no guarantees that we never get ill.
Why are you quoting a Banned Sock Puppet ?

Jan 9, 2004
Oh wait! You mean the vaccine did exactly what it was intended to do? Wonders never cease. :D

Not so fast.................

Perhaps the CDC should stop spreading that misinformation we keep hearing about.

We already know that people have gotten and spread the disease even after being vaccinated and that people have been hospitalized and died even after being vaccinated.

From the CDC website;​

COVID-19 vaccines are effective​

Once you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing more​

With less than 15% of the world population vaccinated.................there is a long way to go..........and I doubt we will ever get there (fully vaccinated) or even the 70 % to achieve so-called herd immunity).

And we still do not know what longer term effects, if any, will be caused by the vaccine.......although the placebo like Si No Vac may not have any real effects, good or bad, whatsoever.........

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have a real simple question for the CF's or anyone else to answer. It is now August 2 2021. Go back one year to August 2, 2020 BEFORE any vaccines were available. To keep it on topic and relevant to this forum the question is simple. So simple it only requires a yes or no.

Is life in the Dominican Republic NOW better than life was one year ago with NO vaccines?

Now watch how many people dodge this simple question........................

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I was always on that side since I knew from day one that CV19 is here, there, and everywhere to stay. Such as it is with pandemics past, present and future.

I only reported facts, which people sometimes interpret as opinions. That is a fault in others ability to analyze situations.
Just the facts ..🤣🤣🤣:geek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And we still do not know what longer term effects, if any, will be caused by the vaccine.......although the placebo like Si No Vac may not have any real effects, good or bad, whatsoever.........

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

You keep posting this claim that Sinovac is no better than a placebo. Do you have any facts to back this up? The lowest reported efficacy I've seen is around 50% while still being very effective at preventing hospitalization and death.

Which vaccine did you opt for - the Pfizzler? It's efficacy has really pfizzled down some lately. If you haven't got it yet, you might as well just wait for the new, improved one with enhanced spike protein action. In the meantime, take plenty of Vitamin C, D3, and zinc, follow the protocols, and have a Presidente and relax. Stress weakens your immune system.

Reactions: SKY
Jan 9, 2004
You keep posting this claim that Sinovac is no better than a placebo. Do you have any facts to back this up? The lowest reported efficacy I've seen is around 50% while still being very effective at preventing hospitalization and death.

Which vaccine did you opt for - the Pfizzler? It's efficacy has really pfizzled down some lately. If you haven't got it yet, you might as well just wait for the new, improved one with enhanced spike protein action. In the meantime, take plenty of Vitamin C, D3, and zinc, follow the protocols, and have a Presidente and relax. Stress weakens your immune system.
Actually I said "placebo like."

And no I do not think 50% efficacy, and the efficacy numbers are all over the map..........making them suspect to me personally.........and without longer term studies on any future problems.................allow me or millions/billions of others to step right up and roll up those sleeves.

Some think that there are only a small number of vaccine deniers/vaccine reluctants currently opposed to take any vaccine............that is far from the truth.

I have not opted for any vaccine, but continue, like millions/billions of others around the globe to allow more time to either not take it or to see which vaccines are providing the strongest results within each persons risk tolerance for acceptance. It really is that simple.

As I see it, the stress is on those who have taken it as they continually admonish and attack those who choose/opt to wait.

Coming back full circle, I do think the Si No Vac is "placebo like" and no I would not take it............and now you have places who have halted its use.

The point being there is so much continuing conflicting data on all the vaccines...................I, and many others, do not yet see a compelling risk/reward ratio. And its real hard to give back a vaccine once it is administered.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have a real simple question for the CF's or anyone else to answer. It is now August 2 2021. Go back one year to August 2, 2020 BEFORE any vaccines were available. To keep it on topic and relevant to this forum the question is simple. So simple it only requires a yes or no.

Is life in the Dominican Republic NOW better than life was one year ago with NO vaccines?

It is rather obvious the the Sino vac is more than a placebo. It actually works. So YES.

Reactions: SKY

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Would life be better and just as improved without the vaccines ? That we can never know

Reactions: NanSanPedro

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Actually I said "placebo like."

And no I do not think 50% efficacy, and the efficacy numbers are all over the map..........making them suspect to me personally.........and without longer term studies on any future problems.................allow me or millions/billions of others to step right up and roll up those sleeves.

Some think that there are only a small number of vaccine deniers/vaccine reluctants currently opposed to take any vaccine............that is far from the truth.

I have not opted for any vaccine, but continue, like millions/billions of others around the globe to allow more time to either not take it or to see which vaccines are providing the strongest results within each persons risk tolerance for acceptance. It really is that simple.

As I see it, the stress is on those who have taken it as they continually admonish and attack those who choose/opt to wait.

Coming back full circle, I do think the Si No Vac is "placebo like" and no I would not take it............and now you have places who have halted its use.

The point being there is so much continuing conflicting data on all the vaccines...................I, and many others, do not yet see a compelling risk/reward ratio. And its real hard to give back a vaccine once it is administered.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Well, either way, you're equating it with a placebo which it clearly isn't. You can quibble all you want about efficacy numbers, but all reports have said it is very effective against hospitalization and death.

I don't know who thinks there is only a small number of people reluctant to take the vaccine(?). One only has to look at the percentage of people vaccinated in many countries and talk to friends to see that there are many.

I have no idea what stress people who have taken the vaccine are under(?). Malaysia will stop using Sinovac when their supplies run out because they now have sufficient supply of the other vaccines.

Whether or not someone takes a vaccine is up to them. It doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other.

Jan 9, 2004
Well, either way, you're equating it with a placebo which it clearly isn't. You can quibble all you want about efficacy numbers, but all reports have said it is very effective against hospitalization and death.
We will agree to disagree on that point. I continue to believe Si No Vac is more placebo like. Those efficacy numbers that I "quibble" about were produced by studies funded by the vaccine manufacturer that were in turn selected by and funded by the Chinese government.

And those tests, like all efficacy tests, are done under ideal circumstances and a controlled environment.............that hardly reflects how it may perform longer term in the real world...........something that is now being discovered..............

It is more akin to those EPA mileage numbers posted on new car sales brochures/invoices.............and as they say...........your mileage may vary............and usually does.
I don't know who thinks there is only a small number of people reluctant to take the vaccine(?). One only has to look at the percentage of people vaccinated in many countries and talk to friends to see that there are many.

To hear certain media tell it, and with the restrictions placed by social media concerning discussions on vaccines, it is but a small group of vaccine deniers who "don't believe in the science."
I have no idea what stress people who have taken the vaccine are under(?). Malaysia will stop using Sinovac when their supplies run out because they now have sufficient supply of the other vaccines.

Whether or not someone takes a vaccine is up to them. It doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other.
One need merely read some of the threads/posts here and elsewhere to sense the level of stress many seem to be under regarding those who are, at this point, vaccine reluctant.

We will then agree that taking a vaccine is a personal choice..................and should be left that way.

And thank you for your civil discourse on the matter............something hard to come by lately on the board.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Status
Not open for further replies.