Cedula renewal office location

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was wearing a dress and i had to borrow a jacket for the photo. they have one specially for that purpose. size 0, i swear. i had to sit ver still because the darn thing would rip apart if i lifted my arms. it must have been made for someone with no tits.
i suppose the rule of formal photo are the same for men. possibly short sleeve shirt will do but no tee. maybe take a long sleeve with you just in case?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
lol...Thanks for the info. I will bring a long sleeve shirt. Any other things to bring? Documents? Questions about occupation, blood type etc. ? Thanks again... :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Bloody stupid! The photo on the c?dula only shows your face anyway. DR Mpe - you only need your passport, valid residencia and expired c?dula. And money.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Bloody stupid! The photo on the c?dula only shows your face anyway. DR Mpe - you only need your passport, valid residencia and expired c?dula. And money.

of course it's stupid but they made me do it. i must add that i was wearining classy dress, no beach-style baja mama...

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
3000 pesos and omly to 2013

So I renewed it today. Quite a lot of people, but they did a good job. Maybe 1 hour or so. Cedula follows the Residency now, meaning if u have a cedula expiring 2013, u can only renew the cedula until 2013.

Renewing it 2 years is 2000 pesos, 10 years 4000 pesos.

Good luck

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
been there with a friend today, too.
the same experience, in at 11:10AM and out at 12:05, a short hour, very friendly service, it is hassle Free.
correct,
cedulas now get issued with the same Length as the Residency been issued, RD$4.000.- for 10 Years, plus for any renewing length a RD$1.000.- Fine if the Cedula been expired.
til April 30th 2011 every expired Cedula pay's for renewal only the RD$1.000.- Fine/Mulda, even if Your cedula expired 10 years ago.
important is that Your Residency is up to date, the same for Your Passport.
you need to bring your old cedula card and your original residency card and your original passport(no copies accepted).
Foreigners who do not renew their cedula til April 30th 2011 will starting May 1st 2011 pay a Fine of RD$500.- per Month since Expiration of the cedula.
in case of Residency cards not renewed the residency can be taken back/made unguilty, so if the holder of such expired residency card want to renew after a too long of a time period He/She would need to start the whole Procedures from scratch as if he/she never would have had a Residency before. from which length of overdoing the expiration date on such will be done is still not decided, basically the Gubmint counts on that Foreigners take their chances now to renew all documentations til April 30th 2011, there is still quiet a large number of long term expired Cedulas and Residencies out there on the streets, it may get crowded the days after Easter Week at the JCE and the Immigrations office.
I mentioned in prior postings that early April 2011 the Immigrations office in bavaro/Punta Cana will open, so all Immigrations services, new residencies and renewals, can be done right here without the darn long ride to the capital, as usual they are behind the selfgiven timeline, but maybe not far, as they already purchased the furniching for the location at Plaza de Brizas(the former location of the Gym), so there's hope that this office may be open very soon.
for the bavaro/PC Area(I don't know if such is planned Islandwide) is soon after the Office opening planned to run Residency and Dominican Drivers License Checks at the Road checkpoints around the Area, specially to sort out the very high number of Residents here without any Residency/Cedula/Drivers License, many of those working as Representatives of the numerous Travelagencies in the Area and at watersports Centers.
sounds like the 2nd half of 2011 will not be dedicated to chase down illegal Haitian Immigrants.

the Renewals are Cheap,
I paid for 10 Years of Residency Renewal including the VIP Fee RD$20.000.- and for 10 years of Cedula Renewal RD$4.000.-, a Total of RD$25.000.- for the whole Documentation for fully 10 years, RD$2.500.- per Year,
that's just US$5.51.- per Month, I don't think there are many if any countries with cheaper Visa/Residency Fees, and it is all Hassle Free.

Mike