Ivermectin is not approved, sales are booming

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Ivermectina-Hoy.jpg

Ivermectin imports have increased fivefold since Covid-19 was diagnosed in the Dominican Republic, reports El Caribe. The inexpensive, over-the-counter medicine, has been used for decades to treat livestock, pets and people infested with parasitic worms. The drug won the Nobel Prize in 2015 and is not subject to a pharmaceutical patent. Last year, local physicians began prescribing it after they found it helped save lives.

Most of the drug comes from Costa Rica and El Salvador, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, Uruguay, Ecuador, Spain, China, Brazil, United States and Canada.

The drug is also used extensively in El Salvador to treat Covid-19. It is not an approved treatment in Costa Rica. The number of Covid-19 deaths to 1 million persons in Costa Rica is 472 as of 15 January 2021, compared to 223 in the Dominican Republic and 229 in El Salvador.

According to the Customs Agency statistics...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Carl.L

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Hell, I will do both , not a worry anymore ; now in survival mode. LOL

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Ivermectin imports have increased fivefold since Covid-19 was diagnosed in the Dominican Republic”

🤔Imports ? I thought Calox Dominicana make ‘ Ivermectina’ here in DR ?

Reactions: Russell
Feb 7, 2007
Ivermectin imports have increased fivefold since Covid-19 was diagnosed in the Dominican Republic”

🤔Imports ? I thought Calox Dominicana make ‘ Ivermectina’ here in DR ?

It's imported from Costa Rica.

But there is now one DR pharma company producing it as well.