Need help with WIFI network connection to De Lancer

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Just moved to another location and we use an exiting WIFI connection provided by De Lancer. The problem is the WIFI connection drops, or when it does work it only works for a few seconds. Errors are like No internet, unable to connect to DNS server etc. Using Windows 10. One computer works a little better the the other one, but still has connection issues. Just wondered if any one might be able to help before I contact De Lancer.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
Delancer offers a premium modem that you have to pay for . (about $4000 RD). I have it now for about 5 weeks. It is well worth it. BIG improvement in speed and stability.

Reactions: delancerguy

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
NPLH, Do you know how to change your default DNS server in Windows 10? If so, set it up to use something like, 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1. Google instructions if you don't already know how to do this. If the problem continues then it's an issue for Delancer to fix.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
When I have issues they either come or sometimes can do it from their office - reset the modem.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Just moved to another location and we use an exiting WIFI connection provided by De Lancer. The problem is the WIFI connection drops, or when it does work it only works for a few seconds. Errors are like No internet, unable to connect to DNS server etc. Using Windows 10. One computer works a little better the the other one, but still has connection issues. Just wondered if any one might be able to help before I contact De Lancer.

"WiFi connection drops" or internet connection drops when WiFi signal is present? Two different things. When wifi drops can you still use internet with a cable connected to your computer? Could be bad modem, or bad fiber connection or Delancer issues.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If it's a wifi problem, that's usually down to you. If it's a internet signal problem, which sounds like the OP's issue, then that's down to a Delancer tech to fix.

But one thing to consider is Dominican house construction techniques. Houses are built with steel rebar. in almost every block void, meaning you are effectively living inside a steel cage, which plays havoc with wifi signals. Signal penetration on the 5ghz band is one wall, maybe two walls at a push. 2.4Ghz signals may penetrate a bit further, but at a reduced speed.

I found the best solution is to use a mesh router setup. I have a Linksys setup with five nodes around the house and the wifi had improved considerably.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Change the wifi channel on the modem from the default.
If that doesn’t solve the issue, reset your wifi modem settings in your computer.
If those two things don’t fix the issue, have a tech troubleshoot the problem.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Based on experience , I would call Delancer so they can come to your house to diagnostic what the issue is.

I have had different issues in the past:
-no internet signal
-internet signal but slow speed
-dropped the US IP.

Solution when from fixing a connection inside the community where I live ,to reset the connection to my house and finally bad router.
The service is free so I would not hesitate .

Usually ,everything gets fixed in 24 hours.

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
Can you please send me with PM your name or account number with delancer - i will check

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
what you describing might be 2 problems:

1. wifi connection drops could be because of signal or other devices connected with bad signal to the same wifi this would require another modem with better wifi or additional wifi router. delancer delivers internet by fiber, what is happening with wifi it's already local network problem.
unable to connect DNS propably is the same issue.

2. the second issue you describing sounds like you maybe reaching maximum bandwidth allowed by your plan.

we can check both issues quickly and gave you recomendation or solution. just PM me name on whose your internet connection is setup or account number.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice. No luck as of yet. I'm a renter, and do not have access to modem or router. The WIFI signal comes from the end of the front yard about 4 car lengths away from the house. I will contact the owner and have him contact De Lancer. Thanks a gain. Phil

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice. No luck as of yet. I'm a renter, and do not have access to modem or router. The WIFI signal comes from the end of the front yard about 4 car lengths away from the house. I will contact the owner and have him contact De Lancer. Thanks a gain. Phil

Then it doesn't look like De Lancer issue. You will need either a wireless repeater (which will slow down the speed) or a router with ethernet cable connection to the main modem.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Going from10mb to 50mb ain't cheap at Delancer. The owner really values his tenants. That is great to hear and glad you are up and running.