Domincan Bank responsible for use of stolen bank card without PIN?

Jan 9, 2004
Simply put, when in doubt, always favor a credit card over debit.

In a credit card transaction gone wrong, the card issuer will help in the fight to get its money back (remember, it is their money they are advancing to you).

With a debit card, you will be fighting alone to get your money back.

I always prefer a credit card over a debit card everywhere including the DR...............and with the right card you can earn cashback or travel miles.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: aarhus and JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And now lots of banks allow the creation of a unique one-time-use card number tied to a specific amount.

To be clear, I want to buy something off, say ebay, for 2340 pesos, I create in the app a card with a different number than my regular one, and it will only work once and only for a 2340 pesos charge.
My CitiBank credit card has the option to create a virtual credit card/account number for use with any purchase. It's done automatically on the site by selecting "Virtual Account". It's only good for that transaction.

Reactions: malko and Billp16

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
My CitiBank credit card has the option to create a virtual credit card/account number for use with any purchase. It's done automatically on the site by selecting "Virtual Account". It's only good for that transaction.
Citibank is a good bank been with them for 40 yrs

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

In a credit card transaction gone wrong, the card issuer will help in the fight to get its money back (remember, it is their money they are advancing to you).

I always prefer a credit card over a debit card everywhere including the DR...............and with the right card you can earn cashback or travel miles.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
One other consideration is the cost to the business for accepting debit or credit card.
Debit card transactions are set fee per transaction, typically 0.05 to 0.10 US$ per transaction, credit cards are a percentage of the total sale with a premium charged to the vendor based on the perks the card owner received for using their card at the business.
If you have a good relationship with the business owner use debit. If you don't use your credit card.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Every time I use mine, I get a 5% discount, otherwise it's 10% with cash. Doesn't matter if it's a CC or a debit card.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
just use cash