Why The Dominican Republic Is The Perfect ‘Love Is Blind’ Honeymoon Getaway

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A lot of nice things here about the North Coast and ALL of the Dominican Republic................

The show has reminded viewers of the island located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, a dreamy destination with palm tree-lined, white-sand beaches and azure waters; luxe resorts and top golfing.

Following the release of the sixth edition of Netflix’s dating experiment, new data from travel experts at Islands.com has revealed that searches for flights to the Dominican Republic have increased by 700%, while searches for Punta Cana have increased by 300% since the first week the show dropped.

Reactions: colmcb

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The TLC show "Love & Translation" also filmed in the DR, I think in Las Terrenas.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I was on the north coast monday, tues and wednesday of this week. Three days is about all I can handle.

Everywhere and I do mean everywhere I go up there (from PP to Nagua) I constanstly have someone approaching me, panhandling me, asking me, harassing me and annoying the sh*t out of me for money.

I wouldn't recommend the north coast to anyone looking to enjoy their honeymoon and I seriously doubt PC is any different once you step outside the resorts.

You want to have a memorable stress free honeymoon? I suggest you try the mediterranean coast in turkiye, a country where they have and they enforce anti-nuisance ordinances. I spent a month over there last summer, it was the most relaxed environment I've spent time in years.

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I was on the north coast monday, tues and wednesday of this week. Three days is about all I can handle.

Everywhere and I do mean everywhere I go up there (from PP to Nagua) I constanstly have someone approaching me, panhandling me, asking me, harassing me and annoying the sh*t out of me for money.

I wouldn't recommend the north coast to anyone looking to enjoy their honeymoon and I seriously doubt PC is any different once you step outside the resorts.

You want to have a memorable stress free honeymoon? I suggest you try the mediterranean coast in turkiye, a country where they have and they enforce anti-nuisance ordinances. I spent a month over there last summer, it was the most relaxed environment I've spent time in years.
Interesting. The only problem I've ever had with panhandlers or vendors is on the beach itself. Outside of that, I play with them and it seems to work.

Reactions: PCMike and Fulano2

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Interesting. The only problem I've ever had with panhandlers or vendors is on the beach itself. Outside of that, I play with them and it seems to work.
The day they get rid of all the flies along with the sh*t they attract, I'll recommend the place.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata

Sky is into tourism and promoting dreams.
Yeah, not bad for a one or two week AI winter escape in PC.

I'm three months on the N. Coast now I have a house and a car.
Yes there are things to do, for individual independent people with transportation.
Yet many stay in Playa Dorada AI's, Sosua, Cabarete and strangely snowbirds live in gated gringo enclaves.
Puerto Plata is a dump.

If on a honeymoon for a week or two, choose the most upscale in the PC area.

Trying to hype historical and colonial history is laughable, as the historical infrastructure left by the Spanish is very limited.

Now if one were to follow your last paragraph, one would encounter thousands of years of history, architecture at the crossroads of ancient empires.
Not to mention the scenic and culinary pleasures.

The article and Sky like to hype the DR into something it is not.
I guess people do have financial interests to do so, whether writers, TV show producers or tourism operators.

Of curse love is blind.... a TV highlight!
Like sticking your hand into a basket of snakes,
With the hope of pulling out a diamond.

Seriously,
The DR has many scenic wonders and I do like the history and the historic sights.
Like Parque Nacional La Hispanola- La Isabela
It's not great historical architecture, but the feeling of history and what was accomplished.
One has to think back to 1492 Navigator and Explorer Columbus, voyaging without maps into an unknown world.

The "woke people" now like to turn Columbus into a villain and pretend to write history according to their feelings of the present world.

Yes the world was more brutal then, but we are struggling again.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
There is nothing wrong with posting articles about the DR. Maybe some prefer to focus on the positive rather than the negative. Whether or not you agree or like the TV shows, it does give the opportunity for an audience that might otherwise not be aware of the DR.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Let's stay on topic please...again there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting information about resorts etc... Different information appeals to different people.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Different information appeals to different people.
100% agreed.
Having never been foolish enough myself to get married, it's my understanding a honeymoon is a once in a lifetime experience for most couples and all I'm saying is I believe there are better options out there for newlyweds.

Reactions: JD Jones and Big