Jarabacoa first timers

MNsoota

Sep 26, 2020
MN
Greetings all !

I have a group of adults traveling to Jarabacoa for a week in September. We have been watching YouTube videos trying to plan our time. I wanted to ask the fine people of DR1 for advise. Most here are far more knowledgeable than the content creators who are mostly first timers themselves.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

1). Does anyone have a good cab driver contact In Jarabacoa?
2). Excursions. A mix of adventure and calm natural beauty would be fantastic.
3). Restaurant recommendations.

Anything thoroughly enjoyed in Jarabacoa. We would love to hear about it!🙂

Thank you!

Reactions: Sunbiz1

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Greetings all !

I have a group of adults traveling to Jarabacoa for a week in September. We have been watching YouTube videos trying to plan our time. I wanted to ask the fine people of DR1 for advise. Most here are far more knowledgeable than the content creators who are mostly first timers themselves.

Thank you!
You can book rafting and horseback riding tour online with XPOTour same rates as you find them there. Next to the police station is a big taxi stop, I guess the best point to get a good taxi driver, the busses are all looking very good.

Restaurant, La Baita an Italian restaurant, very good home made food, or Fresco for a little cheaper on the same street.

Reactions: MNsoota

MNsoota

Sep 26, 2020
MN
You can book rafting and horseback riding tour online with XPOTour same rates as you find them there. Next to the police station is a big taxi stop, I guess the best point to get a good taxi driver, the busses are all looking very good.

Restaurant, La Baita an Italian restaurant, very good home made food, or Fresco for a little cheaper on the same street.
Thank you, Webmacon.👍🏼

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
Greetings all !

Thank you!
For your excursions, waterfalls!.
But only if you're game for a bit of hiking, if so; I'd start with Salto Jimenoa.
There are several others that can be googled on the map feature.
Restaurants are generally good, unless you seek American cuisine; do not order pizza there...at least in Jarabacoa
I highly recommend local Dominican fare, as it's all organic; chickens slaughtered same day etc.
Enjoy your time there, you're definitely in for a treat!.
And if you have time, a day trip to Constanza is well worth the short drive.

Reactions: MNsoota

MNsoota

Sep 26, 2020
MN
For your excursions, waterfalls!.
But only if you're game for a bit of hiking, if so; I'd start with Salto Jimenoa.
There are several others that can be googled on the map feature.
Restaurants are generally good, unless you seek American cuisine; do not order pizza there...at least in Jarabacoa
I highly recommend local Dominican fare, as it's all organic; chickens slaughtered same day etc.
Enjoy your time there, you're definitely in for a treat!.
And if you have time, a day trip to Constanza is well worth the short drive.

Good lookin’! I so appreciate you taking the time. We love your suggestions!

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
Good lookin’! I so appreciate you taking the time. We love your suggestions!
I went to school there, it's been a while since my last visit; but am strongly considering moving back.
So please do give us your impressions upon returning, in particular I need to know if the power still goes out.
No worries on this for you though, as everyone has back-up generators/power sources; at least when it comes to tourism.
They've also spent some $$ on infrastructure upgrades there, as wealthier Dominicans now have vacation homes
in the area; to escape the humidity you'll be driving through prior to going up the mountain.
:)