Caribe Paraiso, Juan Dolio

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I am considering staying at the Caribe Paraiso in Juan Dolio on my next visit to the DR and would appreciate any information anyone can give me. Thanks!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Ok cracked it!!! managed by Cosimo Aloi. Nice guy - swiss german. They are in old Juan Dolio - small but nice.

Plus points: right on the beach - local beach so lots of life. In the middle of all the action so lots of bars and restaurants. Close to highway for buses into San pedro and Santo Domingo.

Bad Points. In the middle of the action !!! So can be noisy and the beach is very crowded at weekends with locals (can be fun though!!). Noisy at night too. Lots of hookers and old foreigners, and opposite a strip club - so unless you are into that can be a bit seedy!!

Not sure what you are looking for - but if you are into action and girls and a nice place to stay it is perfect for you. If you are into a family holiday with wife and kids - maybe not, if it is you and gf would be fine - lots of nice restaurants and just close your eyes to the other goings on!!

Matilda

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
You are wonderful Matilda! Thank you! I'm not into all the noise or action but it might be ok during the week. I'm going to think about this some more before deciding. Thanks again!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
if you are into food there are some really good restaurants there which are cheap. Fab austrian food at the cacique bar - best steaks in the country (well I think so!!). Lovely new French restaurant with great coffee and pain au chocolat in the morning at Chez Irene. Lovely fresh fish and chips at Don Pedro Bar. All within spitting distance - literally a few yards!!!

Have a great hols!! And pm me if you want to meet for a drink!!!

matilda

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Perfect! Sounds outstanding. I'll definitely let you know. Even if I don't stay at the Caribe Paraiso, a day trip to Juan Dolio and having the opportunity to have a drink with you would be wonderful! Thanks again!

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I'm leaning toward staying there a few days and checking it out. We'll see. The info is really greatly appreciated.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
One more question [at least for now ;)]: how much should I expect to pay for a taxi from the airport to the Caribe Paraiso?