Another bar is burnt in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Last night another bar belonging to a foreign proprietario was burnt in Sosua - Wild Coyote on Pedro Clissante.

But unlike Tom the Russian owner is not going to rebuild.

Said that he is fed-up with business in this place.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I came by there today, it os completely destroyed. Without wanting to prompt speculation, does anyone know the cause

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Last night another bar belonging to a foreign proprietario was burnt in Sosua - Wild Coyote on Pedro Clissante.

But unlike Tom the Russian owner is not going to rebuild.

Said that he is fed-up with business in this place.

I don't ever recall seeing a customer in that bar, so "the competition" certainly did not torch it, is that the one across from SeaCrets?

Thanks for the update AK74!

May 12, 2005
Is it just me that there has been a lot troubling and bad news coming out of Sosua and the north coast lately? I certainly think in the last 5 years the quality of that town has gone down the toilet. I can't see myself visiting or reccomending it to anyone. Even for a daytrip to the beach from Santiago. There are better beaches without the nonsense. Couple this with the shenanigans at the POP airport and why would anyone go?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This property is not owned by a foreigner. It is rented to one. In fact a well known Dominican owns the property.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Is it just me that there has been a lot troubling and bad news coming out of Sosua and the north coast lately? I certainly think in the last 5 years the quality of that town has gone down the toilet. I can't see myself visiting or reccomending it to anyone. Even for a daytrip to the beach from Santiago. There are better beaches without the nonsense. Couple this with the shenanigans at the POP airport and why would anyone go?

So you KEEP saying but don't fires happen all over? This was a reataurant with a cana roof so it has to be a fire risk. I haven't heard anyone talking about foul play!

Reactions: Ladybird

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003

And on top of that the ridiculous price they want to charge you for food. Hay dios mio! Insane.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
I came by there today, it os completely destroyed. Without wanting to prompt speculation, does anyone know the cause

last night people "from Edenorte" arrived from the blue sky at about 8.45 PM(!) and disconnected electricity supply. Stating "for non-payment". Although payment due date is only on Jan.31. Three days later.

Three hours later the business was set on fire.

Incidentally a similar sport bar (but twice more expensive) oriented to the same Russian clientel was opened two days ago in a well known, rich and influential residential development.

No connection implied between two events. Just the facts for information.

Reactions: Ladybird

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Incidentally a similar sport bar (but twice more expensive) oriented to the same Russian clientel was opened two days ago in a well known, rich and influential residential development.

AK74:

Maybe if you started posting facts, not your usual chismoso basura about Russians you might develop a little integrity on this site. There have been less than 5 customers in Wild Coyote since they opened, so what would be the motivation to burn it down by a competitor? I see you are skating on thin ice, once again, between your restaurant reviews and rumor mongering of late.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I was at the opening of the 'other' sports bar last night and can't really see any similarities!

May 12, 2005
So you KEEP saying but don't fires happen all over? This was a reataurant with a cana roof so it has to be a fire risk. I haven't heard anyone talking about foul play!

It's not just this. Of course fires happen. Have you been reading this board the last few months? Everyday it seems there is bad news about that town.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
I was at the opening of the 'other' sports bar last night and can't really see any similarities!

The only but crucial similarity is that only Russians would go and bring their money to the both establishments. And their number (those who have money to spend) is rather limited here.

bobsimmons

Oct 14, 2009
Another bar is burnt? Makes me glad I am building a profitable business on the internet. They can steal my computer and I can always get another one.
;)

May 29, 2006
last night people "from Edenorte" arrived from the blue sky at about 8.45 PM(!) and disconnected electricity supply. Stating "for non-payment". Although payment due date is only on Jan.31. Three days later.

Three hours later the business was set on fire.

IF the meter was bypassed with a smaller wire it would be creating an immediate fire hazard. You run too much juice through too little wire and you will get a fire. Was there power in the bar when the fire happened?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mod intervention alert! I'm torn between deleting all off-topic posts, closing thread, or moving to North Coast forum or a combination of the above.

Edit: Sent to North Coast and mods there can decide what to do with what's left of it.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Too late! But buck passing aside, the North Coast Forum is where it should have been posted in the first place.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
. Was there power in the bar when the fire happened?

No. No power at all. City line was disconnected. And the planta did not start for some reason. Absolutely no power. Not a chance that fire was caused by some electrical malfunctin.

Status
Not open for further replies.