Teaching Jobs

wylechile_2000

Apr 18, 2008
My name is Lorraine Taggart and I am an ESL teacher. I have a degree in Education but have spent most of my time teaching ESL. I also taught elementary school for 4 years before devoting my time solely to ESL teaching. I worked in Haiti at a university where I was in charge of the English program there. I also was a supervisor at another language institute where I was in charge of the Saturday Afternoon Adults' Program for 3 years. Due to the earthquake both places were destroyed as well as my home.I have decided to come to the DR and continue teaching but I don't have any idea where to start. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some information on how to get in touch with some schools so I can contact them maybe by email or telephone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Urgent suggestions needed....

My name is Lorraine Taggart and I am an ESL teacher. I have a degree in Education but have spent most of my time teaching ESL. I also taught elementary school for 4 years before devoting my time solely to ESL teaching. I worked in Haiti at a university where I was in charge of the English program there. I also was a supervisor at another language institute where I was in charge of the Saturday Afternoon Adults' Program for 3 years. Due to the earthquake both places were destroyed as well as my home.I have decided to come to the DR and continue teaching but I don't have any idea where to start. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some information on how to get in touch with some schools so I can contact them maybe by email or telephone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Having no contacts within the teaching profession or requirement for schooling, I am unable to offer suggestions to you with regard to teaching posts, Lorraine.

However, I would hope there are other posters on DR1 who may be able to give you some further pointers as it appears that you are open-minded about the location within the DR provided you can secure a suitable position so you can be reunited with your family.

So sorry about your home and work places being devasted by the earthquake but happy your family are all unharmed.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
The medical college in Zona Universitaria are looking for ESL teachers at the moment. The Zona Universitaria is a good place to hit the sidewalk and drop off some resumes, countless colleges and schools around.
Santo Domingo.

Sorry for the loss of your home and school.

ada

Feb 2, 2005
I would suggest you take your resume to the universities in Santo Domingo and Santiago like PUCMM, UTESA, they are always in the need of English teachers and with your experience you would def be an asset to them. You can also try bilingual schools. You can PM me if you're interested in the Santiago area. Good luck!

ghost rider

Feb 14, 2010
I?m sorry to hear about your loss. I hope I never have to go through something like that. I know it must still give you nightmares.
I can give you a number for the nation director of the SEESCyT?s English Emersion Program. She will be your surest bet if you want something really quick. I also heard that the Heritage School in Cap Cana was in need of qualified teachers.
Just send me a PM and I will get that out to you right away.
Good luck in your hunt.