Cabanas - Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I thought it has something to do with being outside of town, where nobody can see you. Or mabye because its on the way to Santiago or something.

PrincessaDR

Nov 4, 2009
My guess would be proximity to Playa Dorada. Field of Dreams had no end of grief I believe due to pressure from the association of Playa Dorada.

Jan 22, 2010
Caba?as are cheap for locals too, and to reach one you can gan with a motorbike and only pay 50 pesos, and if you are more tight take the minibus for 15 lol

T.E.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
to the east we have sosua. i guess it can be classified as the biggest cabana of DR....

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The Playa Dorado association is a factor in this. When the Field of Dreams Inn was under construction, I was present at a meeting on the building site with Felix Jimenez, who was then the minister of tourism. He was there specifically to see if cabanas were being constructed.

MrArturo

Jan 8, 2010
Ummm...Aren't "Cabanas" rented mostly by the 4 hr block for couples to have some "privacy" *wink* ????

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ummm...Aren't "Cabanas" rented mostly by the 4 hr block for couples to have some "privacy" *wink* ????

Ummm.... and your point being?

The concept of using a cabana is an accepted part of Dominican society, what's up with the wink wink? Most folks live at home until marriage, do you think they are going to wait until the coast is clear to get a little? How do think a secretary gets a promotion?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
What are they so paranoid about? There are cabanas in Cofresi that do not interfere in any way with the local hotels. They should be more concerned about filling their own rooms instead of complaining what might go into the neighbours yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.