Santiago Airport Rental Car

chrisp1024

Feb 13, 2010
Hey guys. I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Im traveling from NY to santiago on a red eye plane that lands in santiago about 2 am. Problem is once I get to santaigo I have to rent a car asap and drive to altamira near imbert. Question is is there a rental station in the airport that I can rent a car at that time?

Thanks in advance.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm not sure there are any car rental kiosks in the airport itself. There are a dozen or so outside the airport on the road leading in.

Might want to call one and arrange something. I doubt many are open at 2am, but maybe some are.

I used to use Adventure and was quite pleased (they are family) but there are others.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The rental offices at STI open at 7 AM, but I have heard that you can arrange with some of the agencies to have someone meet you if you are coming in on a redeye. Sitting around waiting several hours for them to open isn't the greatest way to start a vacation. Been there, done that. Another option is to catch a cab to one of the nearbye cabanas, grab a few hours sleep and have the driver pick you up and bring you back at 7 to get your car.

chrisp1024

Feb 13, 2010
perfect.. I will call ahead and have somebody pick me up with the rental so I can just easily drive once I get there. Do you guys happen to have any phone numbers of agencies so I can plan ahead of time.

Thank you guys