This 10 day closedown law?

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
The Colmado at the bottom of Abe Lincoln Ave (opposite the Hispanola Hotel) has been closed down for ten days after a drugs bust resulted in a cop being shot and wounded.
Is this a standard fine for allowing drugs to be sold on a property or for a cop being shot? Seems like a light punishment to me.

Feb 7, 2007
How come you accuse the owners/operators of being part of it? There are so many puntos in the DR ... it can be anybody who visits who sells, etc. Anyway, it is a common practice in the DR to make "visits" in entertainment centers - discos, bars, colmadones, etc. and many times confrontations happen. This may be even a hard punishment for somebody who may be innocently "in the middle" and now has his business closed down.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Agree with Rubio (unless the person selling the drugs was the Colmado owner himself). Drugs are sold all over the place (i.e. some of those nice malls and foreign franchises). Now I bet if someone is caught selling at one of these places they are not going to close the place.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Please correct me if I am wrong but is there a policia national or some sort of military type of building across from the Hispaniola at the intersection of Abraham Lincoln and Independencia? Because if this case, the drug transactions were taking place under the nose of the authorities. When this blatant disrespect for authority is exercised, the offended parties are going send a message and come down hard on the offenders and anyone remotely associated with them.

Regards,
PJT

Mar 2, 2008
The only reason the national police or military would be offended is if they didn't get their cut, which could very well be the case. If they were getting their percentage they would have done nothing to intervene.