First Post

Boulder51

Feb 19, 2010
Ok, another newbie to the board. I have been going to the Phils for about 10 yrs and I think it's either time for a change, or at least some experimentation. I wasn't going to post because I can see that there's a heck of a lot of material here, and I don't wanna bother you guys with the same old questions, if I can help it. A few observations that you can prop up, or shoot down, if you wish....

1. Best way to fly into the DR(From the US) is from Miami I take it?(Price wise) I guess the flight arrives in POP?

2. I don't really care about typical tourist type stuff to see and do other than probably hanging out near a beach, possibly meeting up with some board members and/or Americans, Brits and Canadians. I name them because for now I only speak english and italian, but I'm thinking about taking a crash course in spanish. I'm thinking my 1st trip to be around June, so I have time.

3. Hotels? So far Sousa looks good, but I've only been considering a trip to the DR for about a day, so plenty of time to learn more....I'm thinking of a middle of the road type hotel with AC and halfway decent food? Somewhere in the 30-60.00 range?

4. If it helps I am used to places like Angeles and Subic in the Phils and that's sort of what I'm looking for. It wouldn't suck to meet some non-bar girl types as well?

Thx in advance for any thoughts you guys might have. I'll be lurking/learning for awhile I guess....

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Welcome to DR1. Have a look in the North Coast forum for suggestions as to hotels. And make sure if you stay in Sosua to check out Rocky's Blues Bar if you want to meet expats.

Boulder51

Feb 19, 2010
Rocky's sounds good and thx for the rest. I'll check out those hotels in the north coast forum as well.