Anyone up on the breeding of Rottweilers ?

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Hi there again !

The one that must be obeyed treated herself last year to a Rottweiler pup (Dog), and the thought of breeding him, seems pleasant to both the hound and to me ( fun and $$$) in their respective order. Does anyone know whether the norm here is to get the first pick of the litter or a fee for his service(s) assuming it goes well and he likes his little treat first time round !

Any idea what the going rate is for this ( he cost 60k) which was expensive even when compared to the current selling price in the UK, but I am assured he comes from a demonstratable good pedigree.

Thanks in anticipation :cheeky:

Frank & Rocky (Rocky is the Rottweiler for the avoidance of doubt !!)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i wouldnt like to bring any into the world knowing that so many get abandoned or fostered out when people decide to leave

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Any idea what the going rate is for this ( he cost 60k) which was expensive even when compared to the current selling price in the UK, but I am assured he comes from a demonstratable good pedigree.

I hope you asked the seller to demonstrate this "demonstratable good pedigree" because that is a VERY high price! I think the norm is for the owner of the male to have the pick of the litter. The owner of the bitch has all the vets bills and care of mum to pay out for so they get the rest.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi there again !

The one that must be obeyed treated herself last year to a Rottweiler pup (Dog), and the thought of breeding him, seems pleasant to both the hound and to me ( fun and $$$) in their respective order. Does anyone know whether the norm here is to get the first pick of the litter or a fee for his service(s) assuming it goes well and he likes his little treat first time round !

Thanks in anticipation :cheeky:

Frank & Rocky (Rocky is the Rottweiler for the avoidance of doubt !!)

As jrhartley so rightly says, no matter what level of pedigree Rocky may have and whatever price his pups may command, there are no guarantees that his offspring will not become 'victims' in this country. Please, please consider very carefully before deciding to bring more puppies onto this island where there are multitudes of homeless dogs desperate for new homes, many of them good quality pure bred animals. Any pups are likely to be mistreated i.e. used for the sole purpose of being guard dogs without a 'real' loving home, abandoned or, indeed, stolen. Please PM me if you wish and read some of my other threads.

Please be assured that it is not my intent to criticise and I mean no offence to you personally.

Last edited:

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Indeed you are correct and thank you for my short sighted outlook, I am just taken by this 5-6 month old terror as a new addition to the family, and see how he is being treated by the immediate and extended family. Ofcourse he is full of fun at his age, despite his size, and the children of the family enjoy much quality time.

He is a luck one, and I applaud you for your correct outlook on other animals who are not readily accepted as a family member. It is best that we therefore enjoy him for the reason he was bought - a new family member !

Thanks & kind regards

FM

Reactions: whirleybird

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
frank, i have a rottweiler girl who is now 1 year and she wrecks the garden on a daily basis :) she is loved and well taken care of but i am in great doubt about breeding her. there is no guarantee, unfortunately, that her pups will be treated as well as she is, that they will have freedom to roam around the garden/property and that they will be happy. besides, when i think of 14 smaller versions of her chomping and chewng through our plants i get a bit of a fever :)
let it go, enjoy having a great dog without worry about his puppies. good luck!

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Please don't get your knickers in a twist, whirleybird. Sorry for my levity.

Maybe it's just the difference in phrasing of english between England and America, but after reading "treated herself last year to a Rottweiler pup (Dog), and the thought of breeding him, seems pleasant to both the hound and to me" followed by "frank, i have a rottweiler girl ", instead of "the thought of using my Rottweiler to breed other Rottweilers" or "I have a female Rottweiler" just struck my funnybone.

Sorry if the contest images on the Worth website don't amuse you as much as they often amuse me, Whirleybird. Back to breeding Rottweilers. Carry on.

263jwhz.jpg

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Please don't get your knickers in a twist, whirleybird. Sorry for my levity.

Maybe it's just the difference in phrasing of english between England and America, but after reading "treated herself last year to a Rottweiler pup (Dog), and the thought of breeding him, seems pleasant to both the hound and to me" followed by "frank, i have a rottweiler girl ", instead of "the thought of using my Rottweiler to breed other Rottweilers" or "I have a female Rottweiler" just struck my funnybone.

Sorry if the contest images on the Worth website don't amuse you as much as they often amuse me, Whirleybird. Back to breeding Rottweilers. Carry on.

263jwhz.jpg

Now, that pic is cute!!!